Mirror upgrade after bar swap--Huge difference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mirror upgrade after bar swap--Huge difference

Recently I swapped out my old L bars for some superbikes. I love the bars, but the flatter bars caused the mirrors to sit much farther in than stock. So no matter how I adjusted them, I mostly just saw my jacket sleeve. Ocassionally Id catch a glimpse of a car in an adjacent lane but by the time I saw them in the mirror I could see them out of the corner of my eye.

So, I picked up some different ones from my roommates brother in law. He bought them for his shadow several years ago, and his dad used them on his 4 wheeler for a while, so theyre a little scratched up, but hey, for free, Ill take them. Now I can REALLY see whats going on back there. The square look goes with the bike pretty well, alot like the early 80s GS's.

you know you can bend the mirror stalks if you want. put the long end in a vice [lengthways]using a towel to stop the scratching and slip a length of tubing over the short end and 'hey presto'...b.b.

Comment

Very simailer to mine. I love them, they actually do more than just allow me to get a state inspection!
      Currently bikeless
      '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
      '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

I actually have 2 different heights of the traditional "superbike" black mirrors. One set is 6" high (currently on my bike), and I have a set of 7.5" high mirrors, that I am most likely definately am going to put on. The 7.5" look a bit goofy, as they protrude above the fairing windscreen, but with the 6" mirrors, I get the infamous "I see too much of my shoulder" syndrome. I guess I will have to get over the "teenage" looks SWEET attitude, and go for ergonomics first.

Comment

Working...
        X