No announcement yet.

GS550l seat (pic loading hazard!!!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you use a thick vinyl? If not, be carefull when It gets cold because it will crack, this happened to a custom shift boot for my car Just make sure that it ian't stiff before you sit on it.

Comment

Thanks guys for the comments + advice!

Did you use a thick vinyl? If not, be careful when It gets cold because it will crack, this happened to a custom shift boot for my car Just make sure that it ian't stiff before you sit on it.
      Unfortunately I did not! This is my first attempt at this. This type of vinyl was on sale for $7 a yard, the very thick stuff was for $15 a yard. Since I had never worked with the stuff, I wanted to start with some stuff that was easy to work with (the thick vinyl is really stiff). The good thing is that I feel comfortable now with the material, and if it does crack next winter or something, I'll take your advice and use the thicker stuff or other materials all together. In fact, I already have good ideas going on how to put seems on the top of the seat with extra cushioning (so it doesn't look so smooth). Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
      X