savage seat fit a gs650gl?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

savage seat fit a gs650gl?

ok this is kind of a weird question but has anyone here ever tried to put a ls650 savage seat on a gs650gl? part of me wants to try and see if one would fit my gs650gl. I realize I would have to do some modding for the seat pan to get it to sit right, but I figured that if I could buy one on ebay for 20 bucks and make it work it would save me a lot of money rather than going and getting a custom seat made.

I'm doing all this from memory and parts diagrams at www.alpha-sports.com/suzuki_parts.html

The frame size and fittings underneat the seat are as important as the shape of the seat pan. The Savage frame is also narrower than the GS650GL frame.

The GS650GL front seat has fittings screwed to the bottom, two round posts that go under hooks on the frame in the front, and a locking clip at the back, plus a couple of rubber cushions. The seat-pan is metal.

The Savage has a two-part seat on fiberglass pans. The rear seat clips to the fender toward the rear, and fastens with a bolt at the front, and the bolt is covered by the front seat, which is held by a clip at the front and bolts at the back. The front seat has more rubber cushions and things.

I don't see any way of getting a set of Savage seats on without a lot of modification to the brackets... It may be much easier to have the seat rebuilt on its pan, an auto upholsterer or the Sargent Cycles seat-repair people would be able to build the seat a little lower/narrower for you.

If I may ask, are you just unable to flatfoot the bike? Or are you only able to just get your toes down or is it even worse? Have you adjusted the rear shocks for minimum preload?

Comment

hey

I guess it was a bad idea...lol. Well I actually moved my shocks so that I can flat foot the bike...I guess the thing is is that I modded my bike and now the seat just doesn't look right so I'm looking for a solo seat type of look and that was a seat I found and was just wondering if it would work...I think I'll end up paying to get a custom seat made, however.

Comment

This bike has a seat from a Harley V-Rod. Anythings possible, if you have the money and motivation....

Comment

hey

wow that seat looks great on that bike!

Comment

HiSPL, that looks GREAT!!!

Comment

Working...
            X