Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

81 gs750E wanting to change out the squares!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

81 gs750E wanting to change out the squares!

Hey guys,

I trully adore the 8 inch headlights of the later 1100/1150's. Is the process as simple as buying the headlight and wiring it up or is there anything else i would have to buy to make it work. I dont want to end up frying anything. Im not an expert on eletrical... okay... i dont know diddlysquat but im learning!!

as for the gauges im thinking the 82 750E gauges.. i love the look of them but i noticed that the speedo only goes to 85 as well... so my question is what year and model gauge cluster will have the same good looks as the 82 750e, have a higher speedometer, and work well with my 81 750e?

I know I know ... we we dont need to go over 80 because its speeding right? and our bikes dont have terrific top speed anyways.... but lets be real. when cops arent around the flow of traffic is quite often 70mph.. and to pass them up one must go 80 mph :-D ... and to think just doing that and youre speedo is already maxed out is NOT cool

You might be surprised by how easy this is.

Here is my 81 GS750E.

Those are the original guages and the original fork ears. The fork ears for the square headlight mount to the inside of the square bucket. The will pull out and mount to the outside of the round headlight with no modification necessary. The guages don't really look out of place either. This headlight bucket was from an 82 GS750T so it is not the larger 1100/1150 type. This one fits standard car type headlights (5 1/4" I think) so there are lots of reflectors and lamps to choose from. If you go with an 8" job you will probably have to change the fork ears also.

Good luck!

Comment

thanks for the reply.. and that is a great picture.. very helpful. The imagination can only do so much! You are right.. it doesnt look too out of place.. i guess i have more decision making to do.

Does anyone know if suzuki still carries these parts?

Comment

This will yield all the important parts, but check with alpha sports for new parts anyway...

Comment

Working...
        X