Plastic Dye?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plastic Dye?

Unfortunately the forum won't let me search for "dye" so I created a thread on it....

Has anyone ever used anything like RIT plastic dye on things like the tach dash? I was readina post that said S100 wouldn't help if the plastic was faded.... might a black dye reinvigorate these pieces?

Rattel Can

ther is a new Paint on the market now that will stay on Plastic. I have used it on some chairs here at the hotel and they stood up well in the snow

Comment

No!!!!!!

You don't want to use that plastic paint for your GS.Any automotive paint will work best on your plastic bike parts.With proper prep to all your parts there should be no problem with painting.Yes you could use S100 or something equal to it to put the shine back into the black plastics.:shock:

Comment

I'd like to stay away from paint in general on the plastics.... that's why i was hoping that the dye might be a better alternative

Comment

Originally posted by J_C
          I'd like to stay away from paint in general on the plastics.... that's why i was hoping that the dye might be a better alternative
          Try it out and let us know how it goes. It's not like you'll make it look any worse.

Comment

S100 has always worked for me - the biggest reason to use it is on faded plastic, so I don't know why the plastic being faded should make any difference....?

It's cheap, so try it first. The only problem with it is that you have to reapply every couple of months.....

-Q!

Comment

Sounds good, I'll try the s100 and if it doesn't cut it I'll do a write up on the plastic dye. Thnks

Comment

On my RC cars that have white plastic parts, I use RIT fabric dye to color 'em. just get a bigger pot for motorcycle parts

Comment

Working...
                X