crash bars???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

crash bars???

hey guys , im new to the site. heck i found the site while lookin for a place to get a NEW set of crash bars. they need to fit a 81 GS850L. anyone have a good lead for me????[-o<

JC whitney has some, a little pricey though. Keep an eye out on ebay or post an ad in the parts wanted section. People are always removing and adding them.

Personally, I prefer case guards to an actual crash bar, it protects the engine just as well if not better and stays out of the way too. Highway pegs can be mounted to either if you want.

Comment

I think Dennis Kirk stocks all MC Enterprises Crash bars.
      Currently bikeless
      '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
      '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

im the high bidder \\/ found a set of bars on ebay...says they are off a 81 gs550 will these work for my 81 850?????

EDIT* here is a pic of my bike.... any suggestions/comments? please keep in mind I AM NOT A MECHANIC, THINGS BREAK WHEN I WORK ON THEM so dont tell me to do anything crazy. i might listen to ya and be in a world of hurt when im in way over my head. lol

Last edited by Guest; 04-24-2006, 10:38 AM.

Comment

Thats a nice looking 850! I would check with JC Whitney or the seller for compatibility, before bidding too high on those 550 bars...or, hold off for an 850 set...they appear on ebay all the time...some are expensive, esp.if new. You need to use a few different search terms...'crash bars', 'engine guards', 'case savers', etc ....

Tony.
          '82 GS1100E

Comment

Crash bars/case guards from a 550 are not going to fit your 850. Hope you didn't 'win' that auction.

Comment

Originally posted by jimcor
              Crash bars/case guards from a 550 are not going to fit your 850. Hope you didn't 'win' that auction.

ok to small? will a set from '81 Suzuki GS1100EX GS 1100 EX Engine Guards Crash Bars fit the 850? arnt they going to mount in the same spots on the same frame?

Comment

message to rilla

I just got the new chapparal catalogue, and it has crash bars for the 650.Maybe they have some for your bike too.
                future owner of some year and displacement GS bike,as yet unclaimed and unowned.

Comment

I just got the new chapparal catalogue, and it has crash bars for the 650.Maybe they have some for your bike too.
                  Do they have a website????

Thanks

Comment

Comment

Here you go. A factory set on eBay for ..currently $107.50
                      plus one free bike:-D

oops, had to go back and paste the link

Comment

will a set from '81 Suzuki GS1100EX fit the GS850L ? arnt they going to mount in the same spots on the same frame?

Comment

MinnesotaTim, Thanks for the link!

Comment

not sure about E models. You need to look for other L model stuff. If you go to Dennis Kirk or JC Whitney, you can look at the ones for your bike and also see what other models they fit. Then you can look for what you need on ebay.

Comment

Whoa, I want that seat for my '77 750L. That looks worlds more comfortable than the old stock flatseat that is still on it. Nice bike, man.

Comment

Working...
                              X