Side Covers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Side Covers

I have a 1982 GS850G, and I was needing to know if there is a site that sells these covers bare (non painted). If not could anyone tell me the easiest way to remove paint from these covers. I have started to sand but if there is an easier way I'm all for it.

I sanded the covers for my plastic covers and the 450E and S have lined ridges longways across them PITA! Just keep at it Wet sand in a bucket. Takes forever but any 'rapid' method you use will probably mess up the finish (ask the wife, she got impatient and hit some plastic with stripper... )

Comment

I believe your dealer can still get the covers, unpainted. Check bikebandit, I know they have the covers for both my E's.
      Currently bikeless
      '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
      '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

I ordered a cover for my 1980 550 from bikebandit. It came unpainted.

Comment

I ordered factory covers from my dealer last year. They came unpainted for my gs 1000.

Comment

bikebandit has them. I'll take your old ones if you decide to buy new.

Comment

side covers

Originally posted by courier11sec
              bikebandit has them. I'll take your old ones if you decide to buy new.
              One of them has the bottom secton (that you can't really see) broke off and the other one is cracked. I did not notice this until I pulled them off to start the sanding, so I will probably get new ones

Comment

Originally posted by bgmart450
                .....(ask the wife, she got impatient and hit some plastic with stripper... )
                Yikes - thats one way to customise them...

I'm guessing it's a subject not mentioned yet in your house lol8-[

Comment

Originally posted by Sean
                  One of them has the bottom secton (that you can't really see) broke off and the other one is cracked. I did not notice this until I pulled them off to start the sanding, so I will probably get new ones
                  PM sent.:arrow:

Comment

Originally posted by Pharkmeh
                    Yikes - thats one way to customise them...

I'm guessing it's a subject not mentioned yet in your house lol8-[
                    Well it was HER bike LOL...

Even if it was mine no biggie. My bike is about 2 steps from being a 'rat'.

Just goes to show that the people that say prep is sooooo important to the finished product KNOW what they are talking about.

Comment

Working...
                    X