update on forward controls project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

update on forward controls project

I have gotten lots of private messages about these.i did not know till today i had any PM's or how to find them.In short, the whole project is held up because of wanting to use splined couplers.I could have made a set in about 2 days if i had opted to go with nonsplined couplers.I have spent 2000 dollars for broaching tools for a machinist to use to cut the couplers.problems i, he wont make the couplers until he gets the 2,000, then it takes 2 months for detroit to special make them.And now they tell me the cashier check is lost in the mail and until the check is missing for 90 days they wont stop payment on the first one.What would anyone think about a set made with nonsplined couplers? They would be cheaper and outward appearance would probably look like they were the expensive couplers.I would know the difference and that is what bothers me.Oh,the couplers would fit over the shaft on the brake shaft in the rear, and over the shifter side on the left, and go out with enough clearance to clear the exhaustand the linkage would then run underneath the motor towards the front.I will probably make one set and pst pictures here to see if anyone is interested.One man asked if they could be more forward, because he was much taller than I.I have only a 30 inch inseam.Yes, the kurakyn gooseneck peg adapters would give at least about 2 more inches forward.My biggest concern is not beauty of the project, but absolute safety.I want the new pegs of the controls to be so sturdy that if youy dump the bike they would take a tremendous beating but not your engine.i expect they will be about $299.95 in black,more for chrome.Non splined couplers would make them less expensive.
    future owner of some year and displacement GS bike,as yet unclaimed and unowned.

Pix, man. I'm ready, lol.

Sux about your troubles though. Sorry to hear things aren't going as planned.

Comment

yep,i am gonna make a set for my bike with the nonsplined couplers and see what you think.
      future owner of some year and displacement GS bike,as yet unclaimed and unowned.

Comment

Working...
      X