Interested in lowering your bike?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interested in lowering your bike?

www.oldbikebarn.com has an eye-eye 11.5" rear shock that bolts on to my bike. I have the 82 GS1100GK which is an eye-eye shock on the rear. NOT like my 1000L that has an eye-clevis style shock. I don't know if they carry others that might be eye-clevis style to fit other bikes, but I just talked to the guy and he said a 1 3/4" lowering shock is a direct bolt on. Part #06-3608, they are chrome springs and black bodies just like this:
    Supplying new parts for Vintage Motorcycles! Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki, Yamaha and Harley-Davidson. Old Bike Barn has what you need for your vintage motorcycle project!

Originally posted by fat_sac
    www.oldbikebarn.com has an eye-eye 11.5" rear shock that bolts on to my bike. I have the 82 GS1100GK which is an eye-eye shock on the rear. NOT like my 1000L that has an eye-clevis style shock. I don't know if they carry others that might be eye-clevis style to fit other bikes, but I just talked to the guy and he said a 1 3/4" lowering shock is a direct bolt on. Part #06-3608, they are chrome springs and black bodies just like this:
    http://www.oldbikebarn.com/part.php?...playPerPage=20
    I've got a pair, new in the box. Never on a bike. Willing to sell 'em, too. How's $80 sound?

Comment

Same part #?

Comment

Yes sir. Exact.

That would be $80 + shipping.

Comment

Shipping? :-D

Comment

Shipping? :-D
            Not sure what it would cost, but I'd only charge what they'd charge me. Do you think the post office or UPS would be cheaper?

What's your zip?

Comment

77318. It's been my experience that USPS and Fedex are the cheapest. I hate UPS.

Comment

I'll check shipping tomorrow morn. Closed right now.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by UncleMike
                  I'll check shipping tomorrow morn. Closed right now.

Mike
                  Cool man. I'll take em tho depending on shipping.

Comment

Cool man. I'll take em tho depending on shipping.
                    Sounds good. We'll figure something out either way, no worries.

Comment

Cool, fat-sac. I found basically the same thing at the local bike salvage and repair shop for about $90 per pair (new). They are completely chrome though. I believe the guy at the parts desk told me that they were listed for the 'wing.

Comment

Originally posted by steely
                        Cool, fat-sac. I found basically the same thing at the local bike salvage and repair shop for about $90 per pair (new). They are completely chrome though. I believe the guy at the parts desk told me that they were listed for the 'wing.
                        That big bike takes the same shocks? Never would have figured. The guy at OBB said they didn't list them for any particular bike but that they'd fit. My next step was to take a tape measure to teh local bike salvage yard about an hour away and dig until I found something. Funny how that stuff works if you're not afraid to get your hands dirty, lol. 90 isn't a bad deal at all either.

Comment

That big bike takes the same shocks? Never would have figured. The guy at OBB said they didn't list them for any particular bike but that they'd fit. My next step was to take a tape measure to teh local bike salvage yard about an hour away and dig until I found something. Funny how that stuff works if you're not afraid to get your hands dirty, lol. 90 isn't a bad deal at all either.
                          Yeah, I actually took one of the old shocks to the salvage. After an hour of digging and some very dirty hands, I had only come up with some shocks for a 450. :neutral: Needless to say, I didn't buy them. I had no desire to ride on bottomed out shocks all of the time. I spoke to the parts man, he checked the book, and then pulled some of their new stock out and told me that they were rated for 400 pounds. They are an 11" on center-eye shock. The bushings that they had in them were even the same size as mine.

A buddy of mine (who is a Honda guru) told me that a lot of the 'wings take the same same shock as his 900. Whick is not much of a difference than my 850. I was pretty surprised by that as well.

Comment

Originally posted by steely
                            Yeah, I actually took one of the old shocks to the salvage. After an hour of digging and some very dirty hands, I had only come up with some shocks for a 450. :neutral: Needless to say, I didn't buy them. I had no desire to ride on bottomed out shocks all of the time. I spoke to the parts man, he checked the book, and then pulled some of their new stock out and told me that they were rated for 400 pounds. They are an 11" on center-eye shock. The bushings that they had in them were even the same size as mine.

A buddy of mine (who is a Honda guru) told me that a lot of the 'wings take the same same shock as his 900. Whick is not much of a difference than my 850. I was pretty surprised by that as well.
                            Good to know for future reference. This won't be the last one I lower. What about the eye-clevis style shock? Have you found anything that fits the 1000L?

Comment

Priority (2-3days) = $12.60
                              Parcel (7-10days) = $11.71
                              Overnight = $36.65

Insurance = $2.30
                              Tracking = $0.55

Comment

Working...
                              X