clubman bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

clubman bars

anyone have a picture of their bike with clubman bars on it. Additionally, how do they work for you.

Jim-Cincinnati has them on his 78 550. Kind of a strange setup but it works for him. Might be other pictures of his bike on the Brown County Photo page. http://bwringer.com/gs/bc2006/bc2006.../P1010010.html

Comment

still in progress

Comment

No Grips on it yet

Comment

This is a bike I found on Ebay that has clubman:

I just ordered some clubman bars and it should be here tomorrow. I will send pics once I get them mounted.

Comment

Originally posted by nuts930
            This is a bike I found on Ebay that has clubman:

I just ordered some clubman bars and it should be here tomorrow. I will send pics once I get them mounted.

Are these on backwards? I usually see them mounted with the "U" facing down and toward the front like in the bike a few replies up, at least thats how I have mine mounted. I might actually change them to the "backwards" position (as shown in the pic) because they're killing my wrists in the traditional position!

-charles

Comment

Yeah, they are on 'wrong'. How have the clubmans been on your 450? They fit OK?

Comment

Originally posted by bgmart450
                Yeah, they are on 'wrong'. How have the clubmans been on your 450? They fit OK?

They fit great. Actually, its a gs450e, which is bacially (as I can gather) an S model without the fairing. I added a generic cafe fairing that didn't fit PERFECT with the regular bars, but it looks fantastic with the clubman bars. I just wish my left wrist didn't hurt so much with these bars, because I LOVE the way they look. I'll post pics once it stops raining here (I haven't taken any pics in a long while, so posting pics gives me an excuse )...

-charles

Comment

i havent received the bars yet, but i am debating on what to do. do i put the on "backwards" such as the guy on ebay (which to me looks pretty sweet) or do i put the on the way they were ment to be. my main concern is i do a lot of long weekend trips (i put 600 miles on the GS last weekend going to Moab), so i want something that looks awesome and is comfortable. I will play with the position when the bars come in and post my opinion of them.

Comment

On a side note, there is a Harley Sportster chopper in Dale Walksler's "Wheels Through Time" Museum that has a set of clubmans 'U side up' on eight inch dogbones, no less! Looks bad (that's good ). This bike is an original from the late 60s, early 70s.

Comment

Originally posted by prefect
                      They fit great. Actually, its a gs450e, which is bacially (as I can gather) an S model without the fairing. I added a generic cafe fairing that didn't fit PERFECT with the regular bars, but it looks fantastic with the clubman bars. I just wish my left wrist didn't hurt so much with these bars, because I LOVE the way they look. I'll post pics once it stops raining here (I haven't taken any pics in a long while, so posting pics gives me an excuse )...

-charles
                      I went from stock to flat bars. The flat bars make my wrists tingle on longer rides. I hear the angle on clip ons and clubmans makes it more comfortable than the flat bars.

Comment

technically there is not "right" way of putting them on. Its whatever you like best. Traditionally they are mounted so the grips are lower so you can lean onto them.

i decide to mount mine the tradional way because i liked the lower stance it gave the bike.

Although, originally i was going to mount them "upside-down"

here are some comparison pics

Comment

Originally posted by CamaRod
                          technically there is not "right" way of putting them on. Its whatever you like best. Traditionally they are mounted so the grips are lower so you can lean onto them.

i decide to mount mine the tradional way because i liked the lower stance it gave the bike.

Although, originally i was going to mount them "upside-down"
                          Can the same be said for the buckhorn bars? :-D

Comment

Hey wow! I'm posting for the first time in months...

Anyway, I'm planning on putting clubman bars on my 450 as part of a bit of a cafe racer thing.

I'm taking a week off work the week after next specifically to finally get some more work done on it.

It's been sitting for too many months untouched and I can't stand it any longer. I need to get it going!

On my website somewhere, I have a pic of a bit of a mock up how I want it. Doesn't look real flash, but with a bit of imagination you can see where I want to go with it.

Pete
                            1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                            1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Originally posted by pete
                              Hey wow! I'm posting for the first time in months...

Anyway, I'm planning on putting clubman bars on my 450 as part of a bit of a cafe racer thing.

I'm taking a week off work the week after next specifically to finally get some more work done on it.

It's been sitting for too many months untouched and I can't stand it any longer. I need to get it going!

On my website somewhere, I have a pic of a bit of a mock up how I want it. Doesn't look real flash, but with a bit of imagination you can see where I want to go with it.

Pete
                              Long time no see Pete . I should spend a week off on our 450's too. Keep us posted on your progress, I would love to see how it turns out!

Comment

Working...
                              X