Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seat Restoration

A couple shots of my seat restoration:
    Symphony Leatherette, Computer Embroidery (my name on the seat and the SUZUKI Emblem at the back) and a good Upholsterer. Total cost US$100.00 and two days work. I wanted a custom seat not varying too much from stock. I am quite happy with it, that leatherette is C O M F O R T A B L E.

More beautiful work Cletus! Your bike keeps getting better & better. Thanks for the pics.

Terry

Comment

Seat looks great,im going to have to find someone to redo mine also.

Comment

Very nice.
        "Nobody goes there anymore, it's too crowded" -Yogi Berra
        GS Valve Shim Club [url]http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum/showthread.php?t=122394[/url]
        1978 GS1000EC Back home with DJ
        1979 GS1000SN The new hope
        1986 VFR700F2 Recycled

Comment

Wow that looks great! For a good price too!

Comment

Very cool and lookin good.

Comment

Man,that is one beautiful bike.
              future owner of some year and displacement GS bike,as yet unclaimed and unowned.

Comment

excellent restoration

Comment

Nice job, buddy!!

Comment

Thanks for the pic, it looks great!

Would you mind explaining the process? I would like to learn how to restore the seat on my '78 gs1000.

Cheers!

Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by zuna
                      Thanks for the pic, it looks great!

Would you mind explaining the process? I would like to learn how to restore the seat on my '78 gs1000.

Cheers!

Ryan
                      Firstly, the seat pan was rusted in many areas. So these rusted sections had to be cut away and new sheet metal cut, Mig Welded in and beaten into shape. Once this was done the entire pan was wet-sanded, Primed with Rustoleum Rust-Restorer flat-black primer and then given two top coats of Rustoleum Gloss Black.
                      Th upholstery work was done by a pro. He recommended "Symphony" as the finest leatherette available and he used a Computer Controlled Embroidery Machine to do the Graphics. The original foam padding was fine, however, I needed a little extra "Flair-height" at the back of the seat so this was done by sculpting-in some extra high-density foam in that area.
                      That's essentially the process.

Comment

Working...
                      X