Want to customize Gs1000G

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Want to customize Gs1000G

Hi I want to customize my 82' Gs 1000g. I need some ideas. I'm here in South Africa and I think people will have a new look if my bike is customized. I also posted some pics of my bike now.

think of this: go to site under fiberglass motorcycle fenders,look at the cool rear fender.use it ,then put some genmar risers and go with almost any kind of flanders handlebars,but you might have to get longer cables.if so go with steel braided.take the tank badges off, the frame cover badges off,bondo these areas in.use custom handgrips with spiked ends like featured in produx web page.lowered progressive shocks on the fron.lowering blocks or cut one coil off the rear spring.polish the stock wheels or powder coat them complimentary to the bascolor of your bike.have the brake rotors polished, the inner part of the rotors painted the color of your bike.go to tapeworks.com and pick out an outrageous set of graphics.put the old school sissybar that is under scootworks.com on a 650 savage.kurakyn switchblade pegs, and you are done except for MAC four into 2 turnout exhausts.by the way,one of my friends just came back from kenya.He is Mike Katiku.
    future owner of some year and displacement GS bike,as yet unclaimed and unowned.

Comment

try this

this is what i did to my gs1000e it gives it a rela low look and it stands out it was pretty easy some chopping/welding a rear fender and acouple of lights later and...
      Last edited by Guest; 06-25-2006, 01:26 PM.

Comment

That actually looks pretty cool.

Comment

was fun doint it

the picture doesent do it justice shrinking it down made it kinda grany, i was thinking of turning the white stripes in to checkerd stripes what do you think

Comment

I Think The Bike Looks Real Good. Iw Ould Want A Front Fender.checkered Flags Crossed Like At A Drag Race Logo Would Look Good.
            future owner of some year and displacement GS bike,as yet unclaimed and unowned.

Comment

Originally posted by cuttercustom2
              this is what i did to my gs1000e it gives it a rela low look and it stands out it was pretty easy some chopping/welding a rear fender and acouple of lights later and...
              Wow! I want to do the same tail section thing on my 550E!
              Which mudguard did you use? Did you had to re-adapt it? Looks like a Harley Davidson Sporstser mudguard, awesome!
              BTW I like to ride with my girl, so the Solo-seat is not an option, I would need to adapt another Seat, like a Honda Shadow One, or something like it. Hope to do this project some day

Comment

i will` try it

thats is a pretty good idea for the checkerd flags i think i will try it with a bomb can this weekend and see if it will fly , i will post a picture when i am done , thanks again for the idea:-D , the no front fender kinda stinks in the rain but i am getting use to it , some times you half to sacrifice for a bit of cool

Comment

yeah,sacrifice but not compromise.you had a design in you head and you made it happen.very cool.

Comment

Originally posted by cuttercustom2
                    I really like that. I have been considering turning my GS into a bobber. I was looking into ways to turn the frame into a hardtail. but I think I like your way better. Not to mention, it is cheaper and easier.\\/

Comment

Originally posted by Sprockets
                      Wow! I want to do the same tail section thing on my 550E!
                      Which mudguard did you use? Did you had to re-adapt it? Looks like a Harley Davidson Sporstser mudguard, awesome!
                      BTW I like to ride with my girl, so the Solo-seat is not an option, I would need to adapt another Seat, like a Honda Shadow One, or something like it. Hope to do this project some day
                      i think it was off an old sportster i found three of them in a bike salvage yard the other two were in a bit better shape but this one had the licence plate pannel choped and frenched a bit and kept with the sleek line of the fender , the back bar was off my old yamaha it was the top of the sissy bar , if you did something like that then you could just keep the sissy pad on it for a second person but i got to admit i should have gone with a wider fender this one barely tucks up inside of this one
                      and i would like to say thank's to everyone for there great comments:-D

Comment

Just get a vision in your mind of the look you want & get started, With a bit of work and some modification's you to will have a custom that you will be proud of , Just LOOK at all the fine GS customs posted this past week. My hats off to all of my fellow custom GSr's on this site ,=D>

Comment

well the bike looks good

well i think i got my gs just how i want it to look for now i guess its time for me to up the already high stock horse power so im off to the performance mods forum

Comment

Working...
                          X