metal polish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

metal polish

I just read about a metal polish thats supposed to be the shiznit. its made buy Maas Inc. Here is the link for the polish - http://www.maasinc.com/products_metalpolish.asp

Originally posted by pinner
    I just read about a metal polish thats supposed to be the shiznit. its made buy Maas Inc. Here is the link for the polish - http://www.maasinc.com/products_metalpolish.asp
    Have you ever tried mothers products from your local auto parts store.It is a very exellent product and the price is not hard on the billfold either. I use the chrome and the aluminum polish.

Comment

I've used it......didn't do anything for me, above or beyond Mothers.
      Hugh

Comment

I've tried many ( a lot actually since I also have a sailboat..) and nothing beats Autosol so far . It is an oldie, used mainly for airplanes but if you want aluminum to shine like chrome, this is a good one to use if you polish by hand.

I also found last winter that a bench grinder with medium and soft polishing wheels gives great results with the coumpounds they sell . At Home Depot they have 6 grades, the finer being to polish jewels ( but a motorcycle is sometimes our jewel, right ? ;-)

Comment

I have but one thing to say...Simichrome.
          Currently bikeless
          '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
          '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

I have used, and enjoyed, Mother's in the past, but I have more recently been using Diamond Brite Truck Box Polish. I found it at Lowe's, right next to the diamond-plate truck utility boxes. Not real cheap, about $12 for an 8-ounce bottle, but it works really well.

I have recently finished painting and polishing my wife's bike ('82 850GL). The paint was done professionally, but I removed all the covers from the engine, polished them on a bench grinder, then touched them up by hand with the Diamond Brite. The bike gets looks wherever it stops, people just can not believe that it's 24 years old.

You can now see the results in the gallery.
            Last edited by Steve; 06-21-2006, 10:46 PM.
            sigpic
            mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
            hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
            #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
            #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
            Family Portrait
            Siblings and Spouses
            Mom's first ride
            Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
            (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Did anyone ever try Neverdul? Awesome stuff!

Comment

Working...
              X