X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Before pic

Test before pic

after pic

Okay, now that I have figured out how to post pictures here's the after picture.

I bought the bike a couple of years ago and as you can see I have made a few modifications from the previous owner. He had chopped the rear section of the frame off and put a hard fender on, added "firebird" stickers, a harley sportster seat, taller handle bars, headlight from an intruder and God knows what else. To return it to a more stock looking bike I shopped Ebay for the tail section and another fellow GS'r who had bobbed his bike sold me the rear frame section, seat lock, turn signals, more plastic and so on. I had the frame welded, installed the stock tailpiece, new 'O' rings for the carb, and stage III jet kit with pods. Keith Krause gave me a lot of tips for tuning the carb. I had a new neighbor move in across the street who was a painter and $100 and 8 months later (what is it with painters?) my tank side covers, tail and fender were repainted. I have also added new clutch and throttle cables and new side cover emblems. I'm still not done (when are you ever DONE) and have purchased ZRX shocks and am looking for an alum swing arm to install. I have some GSXR wheels but I don't know if I want to swap the entire front end out. It has an '83 1100 rear wheel and I'm trying to find a matching front. The paint really made a difference. I hope you enjoy the pics, I know I have benefitted greatly from the input of the people on this website.:-D

Comment

Originally posted by jkevbriggs1
      Okay, now that I have figured out how to post pictures here's the after picture.

I bought the bike a couple of years ago and as you can see I have made a few modifications from the previous owner. He had chopped the rear section of the frame off and put a hard fender on, added "firebird" stickers, a harley sportster seat, taller handle bars, headlight from an intruder and God knows what else. To return it to a more stock looking bike I shopped Ebay for the tail section and another fellow GS'r who had bobbed his bike sold me the rear frame section, seat lock, turn signals, more plastic and so on. I had the frame welded, installed the stock tailpiece, new 'O' rings for the carb, and stage III jet kit with pods. Keith Krause gave me a lot of tips for tuning the carb. I had a new neighbor move in across the street who was a painter and $100 and 8 months later (what is it with painters?) my tank side covers, tail and fender were repainted. I have also added new clutch and throttle cables and new side cover emblems. I'm still not done (when are you ever DONE) and have purchased ZRX shocks and am looking for an alum swing arm to install. I have some GSXR wheels but I don't know if I want to swap the entire front end out. It has an '83 1100 rear wheel and I'm trying to find a matching front. The paint really made a difference. I hope you enjoy the pics, I know I have benefitted greatly from the input of the people on this website.:-D

[ATTACH]634[/ATTACH]
      Looks a lot better now!!!!!Way to go!

Comment

looks great... good to see an gs returned to it's orginal glory
        1980 Gs550e....Not stock... :)

Comment

Yep....much better. Nice job man.

Comment

front wheel

I have a front wheel to match what you have. If interested send back a message and we will see what we can work out. Smitty

Comment

Nice! Looks great!

Comment

Working...
              X