Bar Options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bar Options

What options do I have with my 1983 GS750e?

Depends on what you want.... there are a plethora of handlebars that will fit your bike (some better than others). It all depends on what riding position you are looking for and where you feel comfortable holding on.

Comment

I'm looking for something lower than stock. I would like to get more of a lean into the bike.

Comment

Originally posted by Leroy Brown
        I'm looking for something lower than stock. I would like to get more of a lean into the bike.
        I like the "superbike" bend bars. Lot's of folks here use 'em.:-D

Comment

He doesn't have regular tubular bars. The ES bars are a little lower because of the fairing. You can also remove the stock risers and screw a set of clamps into the holes where the risers bolted down then use either a Daytona or Superbike bend bar in the clamps.
          Last edited by Guest; 06-16-2006, 02:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Ricks
            He doesn't have regular tubular bars.
            Yep, I missed that one.

Comment

Originally posted by 8trackmind
              Yep, I missed that one.
              Me too

Comment

Drag bars...

Im going with T-bars (drag bars with built in risers) in the future if my bike ever stops breaking the pricey parts. Most jap and harley bikes have 4 inch on center so you could go with any of them too if you are willing to update to 1 inch controls.

My respect
                Pan

Comment

Originally posted by PanheadJosh74
                  Im going with T-bars (drag bars with built in risers) in the future if my bike ever stops breaking the pricey parts. Most jap and harley bikes have 4 inch on center so you could go with any of them too if you are willing to update to 1 inch controls.

My respect
                  Pan
                  How are you putting the t-bars on? Are you doing a riser conversion or something?

Comment

I've had the stock early ('82-'83) katana bars on mine since 1984. Your brake master/lever assy will work, mine has the E model one, ES has a different angle as to how it sits. Clutch lever is from a gsxr 50 (yes 50 the mini bike) but the stock one will work, the gixr 50 one allows the bar to go further forward cause of the angle of the cable exit. They are mounted above the tree like the stock bars. The plastic cover will have to be modified to fit, I left it off on mine.
                    Dee Durant '83 750es (Overly molested...) '88 gl1500 (Yep, a wing...)

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Ricks
                      He doesn't have regular tubular bars. The ES bars are a little lower because of the fairing. You can also remove the stock risers and screw a set of clamps into the holes where the risers bolted down then use either a Daytona or Superbike bend bar in the clamps.
                      Yes the ES bars are lower, (my stockers were sold to a buddy of mine with an E, and he liked them) I switched to the katana bars cause they were flatter and a little wider. And you can move them a little foward/backward.

Comment

Originally posted by kingofvenus
                        I've had the stock early ('82-'83) katana bars on mine since 1984. Your brake master/lever assy will work, mine has the E model one, ES has a different angle as to how it sits. Clutch lever is from a gsxr 50 (yes 50 the mini bike) but the stock one will work, the gixr 50 one allows the bar to go further forward cause of the angle of the cable exit. They are mounted above the tree like the stock bars. The plastic cover will have to be modified to fit, I left it off on mine.
                        Got any pictures?

Comment

I have both the Bikemaster Superbike, and Daytona bends, I prefer the Daytonas. If you click my link, my bike is pictured with the Daytona bars. Heres a link with all the specs:

Virtually any dealer can get Tucker Rockey accesories

Comment

No offense to anyone, the tubular bar conversions are bulky looking and do not look as nice as clip-ons on these bikes. The factory ES bars are about 2 inches lower than the factory E bars. Clip-ons are your lowest bar option.

You can still find clip-ons for these bikes, I see them from time to time on ebay and other web sites. Mine pictured below are Daytona bars, I have had them for a long time and they do work with my ES bodywork. They use the stock attachment point just without any rise. Without the ES bodywork's restrictions, any 37mm clip-on should work. Just be careful to avoid (or seal)the air connections below the top triple.

Good Luck, Ed.
                            1983 GS750ED
                            2005 GSF1200SZ
                            1992 900SS

Comment

Originally posted by fat_sac
                              Got any pictures?
                              Will get some on here as soon as I can get my son to help me resize them. Should be tomarrow.

Comment

Working...
                              X