Vetter Fairing GS850G

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vetter Fairing GS850G

I am going to be taking my first long trip on my 1980 GS850G, from PA to Vermont and Canada. I was looking at the vetter fairings and was wondering which one would fit my bike, or if there was something better as a windshield than the vetter?

Thanks
    Justin

Vetter Fairing

I have a Windjammer IV and that is the same as the Windjammer SS. It has the lower units on it. I like it a lot especially with the radio.

I tried to attach a picture but it is too large. My bike is the same (1980 gs850G)

Comment

I also just got a 1982 GS1100 and it has one of those quick connect windshields. It was not half as nice as the vetter. Once I hit ~70 mph it about bley my glasses off and lifted my helmet off my head.

Comment

Any Windjammer III, IV, SS, or V will fit your 850 just fine. You need to get the mounting bracket, one specified for big GS bikes. I got my bracket on eBay years ago.

Windjammer IV, SS, and V all have leading-edge turn signals/running lights and a lockable RH compartment.

Comment

I have a Windjammer IV on my '79. It was pretty junky when I got the bike but check out this site for ways to fix up Vetter fairings if you're interested.

http://www.craigvetter.com/pages/Vet...ings-main.html

The biggest problem will be finding the right bracket. Once in a while you see one on Ebay.

Comment

Working...
          X