Engines all polished

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engines all polished

Just a updated pic of my 82gs650e project the motors all polished up and running i need a few things for it like side covers and the chrome covers for the valve covers but all in all its coming togehter,the paint isnt finshed yet the base coat is down and sometime next week im going to airbrush some flames on the tank.

when i got it

today

Your putting something very special together there my friend. Very nice. A keeper for sure. That bike is very light and fast, good on gas, reliable and well worth all the time, effort and money your putting into it. Keep at it!

Can't wait to see your finished product

Comment

Man the fork rake on that bike looks steeper than stock, but it might just be the angle of the photo.

Nice work for sure!! Bet your fingers are strong now!
      Currently bikeless
      '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
      '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Lookin good. How did you clean up the engine between the fins?

Comment

The forks do look pushed in ,in that pic musta been the angle i stood on for the pic.

I used a small gold wire brush on a dremel to go between the fins.

Comment

Nice and Sweet....good job man.

Comment

Well done mate it looks real good.Lots of elbow grease there.

Cheers Brenno

Comment

Nice job! I know from experience how much work that took!
                85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
                79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

Heres a few more from today i mounted the rear flushmounts in the original rear refelector spots,i fiberglassed the holes in , and i added the suzuki graphic to the tank,and the front fender i airbushed some flames on i was gonna do the whole tank just like the front fender but didnt think it would fit right.

Comment

Looks like you got a great project there. I know the feeling of bringing one of these babies back to life. I'm about 80% done with my 1100. I like the idea of using a dremel on the engine fins. I'll have to give it a try...when I stop riding!\\/

Comment

Very nice looking..

If and when I ever get my 550 back on the road, I'll probably end up giving my 650 a simular treatment. No way I can go back to stock colors.

Been debating some of that "carbon fiber" stickers you see advertised on e-bay to cover the side covers (they look discusting IMHO as it is so I figure it can't hurt any.)

Keep on posting your progress.. it's inspiring.

Amos

Comment

Not too shabby man! :-D I really dig the black with the flush mounts!!!

I hope you don't get carpal tunnel syndrome from all that polishing :shock:

Cheers!

Comment

did you use a brass brush like this?

Comment

Yes it was a brass but it was the small wire wheels not the wire cup,i have under 200 bucks into this bike being i got the bike for free to start with,im thinking of doing something with the pipes like maybe buying some stock superbike cans off ebay and putting them on instead of the cones mufflers that are on there now just to give it more of a crotchrocket look.

Comment

Cooooooool. I throught a brass brush would be enough to scratch the aluminum but I guess I was wrong! Good to know

Comment

Working...
                              X