X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks perty good!

Comment

Originally posted by ScreamingLiL2stroke View Post
      The forks do look pushed in ,in that pic musta been the angle i stood on for the pic.

I used a small gold wire brush on a dremel to go between the fins.
      Beautiful Beautiful Job.............I know you are proud!!

Comment

Heres a recent pic of the bike from a few days ago still not done 100% tinkering with it but its getting close.

Comment

ScreamingLiL2stroke,

Very nice. Well done!

Thanks to you and everyone else here for the cleanup/polishing tips. I'll be putting them to the test this fall/winter.

Comment

Heres a recent pic of the bike from a few days ago still not done 100% tinkering with it but its getting close.

I'll trade you even up... My 650, running strong... for your 650, looking good.. (If I ever get the 550 done I really would like to make the 650 look close to that, assuming it is still around)..

Amos

Comment

wish I had the patience too do anything for 60 hours lol let alone one wheel. nice jobs guys. Congrats of the determination too stick with it.

Comment

Originally posted by ScreamingLiL2stroke
                What's sort of working for flames on the fender & tail is not working on the tank. You killed yourself on the engine etc. and it looks great! The tank flames brought it in the other direction. Just my .02.

Comment

I change stuff like the weather so dont be suprised if the flames go by by lol

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigRed View Post
                    I'll trade you even up... My 650, running strong... for your 650, looking good.. (If I ever get the 550 done I really would like to make the 650 look close to that, assuming it is still around)..

Amos
                    No thanks ill have to pass,i would trade it for a diffrent type of bike though.

Comment

No thanks ill have to pass,i would trade it for a diffrent type of bike though.

I've got a KZ400 in pieces.. and actually many pieces are now missing, would you consider that?? j/k

Just spotted some 650E carbs on e-bay and thought of you, did you ever get yours sorted out?

Amos

Comment

Yea i had to trim down the lil thing that the screw to adjsut the fuel sat in to get it loose,it acually runs pretty good now and the carbs are leaking coming from the airbox lol,i have a airbox i bought just havent got around to putting it on cause im also working on a drag quad,to many projects.

Comment

Might seem like a stupid question but do most of you guys pull the motor to polish or do you just do it on the bike?

Just curious.....

Comment

Mine's pulled, but you could get away with just removing the covers. If that's all youre planning on doing.

Comment

I did mine right on the bike i didnt remove anything ceppt the carbs

Comment

The forks do look pushed in ,in that pic musta been the angle i stood on for the pic.

I used a small gold wire brush on a dremel to go between the fins.
                                Theres got to be a better way. My engine looks awful. is there a compound that might work well for rust spots and heavy deposits? I've always used mothers, but I've never had a bike that needed this much love either. Also I messed up my shoulder pretty good and scrub scrub scrubin' just aint possible right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X