gauges/bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gauges/bars

I've got a gs450 '80. I just put on new gauges from www.mikesxs.com. The site is for yammies xs's, which my buddy has, but the gauges look and work great. my only problem right now is the blinker indicator light isn't working right and you have to disconnect the gear indicator, not a big deal. But the gauges are really nice looking especially if your going for the cafe look. I also got some really nice clubmann bars off of ebay for about $36 which includes shipping. I'll try to post a pic when I'm offa work.

Those are pretty spiffy! I like the idiot lights in the gauge.

Comment

Did you ever get the turn signal indicator light working? I want to order one of these and the tach from mikesxs if everything works right. You got a pic of it installed?

Comment

BTW: I put these gauges on my Bik. Really like them, plus now I have a 140MPH instead of my 85.

The trick with the blinker indicators is to put a 12V zenor diode inline with each of the blinker signal lines(right and left), then wire both of those to the single blinker indicator. The diodes will prevent the signal indicator sending the power from backfeeding the other since they are tied to a common lead off the speedo. Works like a chance.

Thanks Dan Gardner(my High School Electronics Teacher ) I knew all that learnin would pay off 10 years later..

Comment

i dig those way more than the JC Whitney ones...
          they have the lights and everything.
          Great price too! thanks for the hot link!

I'd like to go with the black faces, but i'm afraid they maybe too hard to read at night.
          let us know how night-time illumination is with the color you go with.

Comment

I went with the white faces, and they glow a white/blue color. Way sweet.....

Comment

Hey those look good. It looks like the tach is electronic, how do you wire it?

Comment

Originally posted by jkevbriggs1 View Post
                Hey those look good. It looks like the tach is electronic, how do you wire it?
                Not electric, your standard cable screws right on back.

Comment

Do you have any pics of them installed? I have a '78 GS but suspect that my cluster / headlight is 80's? (I am new to the GS) Those are more the look that I am after...

Comment

and more...

the shocks 12.75 inch listed on that site look just right for my GS650L. OK, they're 1/4 inch too long, but WTF, the price is right.

Comment

Working...
                    X