Cafe Fairing Installation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cafe Fairing Installation

I bought a fairing from Old Bike Barn thinking it would come with instructions on how to properly mount the darned thing. No such luck. I tried emailing them and dropping a thread onto thier web site. Nothing. Any of you folks ever put one of these on a 82 Suzuki GS1100E? It appears to mount where the headlight bucket bolts in. Doesn't look like a very good fit. Any advice would be great!

you just gotta keep fiddling with it until it looks good. The side of the bracket that has the oblong hole goes inside, and the slot goes outside. Tighten all the bolts just a little, and fiddle with it until it looks good, then crank it down

Comment

If it wasn't on a GS before you may have to drill new holes in it for your application.

Comment

Ask roadclam about his fairing.
        Looks stock and very clean install.
        Keith
        -------------------------------------------
        1980 GS1000S, blue and white
        2015Triumph Trophy SE

Ever notice you never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrist office?

Comment

i got one for my 1000E the other day. i have had em on a couple of other bikes also. just fiddle works most of the time. i cut mine and relieved it so that it would not hit on stuff. then i drilled for the turnsignals as i wanted them on the fairing, they are small aftermarket ones that got lost behind it.
          will pick it up from paint tommorow, and have some pics soon.

Comment

i got mine all on and road tested. the V brackets i put on the headlight bucket and semi-tightend them the put the long bolts that came w/ the fairing in thru the holes w/ the washer and nut just baarely on the loose fit the fairing looking for interference. i loosend the brake and clutch levers and rotated them fwd about 20 degrees to get clearance. once it all fot well i tightened them to semi and then the headlight down all the way, and last the fairing bolts. i did it by myself but it helps to have an extra hand or two if possible. hope this helps. i will have some pics w/ more detail in a day or so.
            also if the v brackets are not contoured right for the fit just bend it with your hand while it is semi tight on the head light.
            Last edited by Guest; 07-16-2006, 10:56 PM. Reason: forgot

Comment

Hey Red, are you going to sacrafice your big headlight ? Which member of the band are you ?
              82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Working...
              X