GS1000G Bobber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS1000G Bobber

Is it possible to bob a GS1000? Are there pictures of a GS Bobber out there?

Some guys here have done it,dont know how to find those threads.They cut the seat opan off to make a solo seat,cut the seat frame out beyond the length of the new seat,then had to figure out how to mount taillights and some had no rear fender.It can be done without so drastic a measure of cutting most likely.The ones that did it made their bikes look like real streetfighters.
    future owner of some year and displacement GS bike,as yet unclaimed and unowned.

Comment

I just found one for you! Go the thread about a guy named OZZEO talking aobut his GS tank.His bike is bobbed and is really cool.
      future owner of some year and displacement GS bike,as yet unclaimed and unowned.

Comment

imagination

Hi you can do anything if you use your imagination just take your time i run 750 gsx chop thats dragging itself 4inches from the ground cut frame single seat 2 years and still changing things as i go along thats the fun of it .

Comment

Here is a link to a cool GS bobber in UK!

Comment

that bobber is so sweet !!!...b.b.

Comment

Found another cool bobber!

Comment

And another!

Comment

Personally, I think they look like ****e.

Comment

those two adcache are GS bobbers, still using the GS frame.

the first, while really sweet in my opinion, is on a bobber hardtail frame. just the motor and maybe the forks are GS...

I did a photoshop bob of my 650, but I don't think I'll actually cut anything. the 850 on the otherhand needs so much work restoring it is basically out...

Comment

Originally posted by snowbeard
                      those two adcache are GS bobbers, still using the GS frame.

the first, while really sweet in my opinion, is on a bobber hardtail frame. just the motor and maybe the forks are GS...

I did a photoshop bob of my 650, but I don't think I'll actually cut anything. the 850 on the otherhand needs so much work restoring it is basically out...

tHAT LOOKS REALLY GOOD.I WISH I KNEW HOW TO PHOTOSHOP.MY BIKE NOW IS GOING TO BE FOR TOURING,THE NEW FAIRING I AM GETTING FROM HANNIGANS MADE THE DECISION FOR ME WHICH WAY TO GO.NOW I WILL NEED A SECOND BIKE TO MAKE A COOL BOBBER OF FULLY CUSTOMIZED BIKE OUT OF.I LOVE THE PERFORMANCE AND CHEAPNESS OF THESE GS BIKES.PERFORMANCE OF A FERRARI FOR ONLY A THOUSAND BUCKS.

Comment

mine, is kinda chopped i guess you'd call it, I did everything myself...

another

, I work at a custom motorcycle airbrush shop now, so I think I'm going to repaint it for a 3rd time soon, some tribal blade flames on her, or something, idk SOMETHING DIFFRENT!! thats what i dig, something diffrent than everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by speedy400
                          mine, is kinda chopped i guess you'd call it, I did everything myself...

another

, I work at a custom motorcycle airbrush shop now, so I think I'm going to repaint it for a 3rd time soon, some tribal blade flames on her, or something, idk SOMETHING DIFFRENT!! thats what i dig, something diffrent than everyone.
                          i presume you had to take all the cylinder heads off and side cases off to get them blacked out,right? if so,did you have a hard time messing with the timing chain,etc.?

Comment

To apply paint you dont need to remove the old paint, and engine temp wise I talked to my instructor at motorcycle mechanics institute where I am attending presently, and he said the black compared to the silver color alone would eliminate the extra 2 layers of paint heat wise, as most ppl know, or should, the color black along with absorbing heat the best, it lets heat out in the same manner. As for application, I work at a custom paint/airbrush shop for harleys. All you need to do is properly scuff the old paint, and properly clean it, and paint it, in my case, I painted it right on the bike with the larger components removed for access. So, no, why work harder when you can work smarter. -darren

Comment

Originally posted by speedy400
                              To apply paint you dont need to remove the old paint, and engine temp wise I talked to my instructor at motorcycle mechanics institute where I am attending presently, and he said the black compared to the silver color alone would eliminate the extra 2 layers of paint heat wise, as most ppl know, or should, the color black along with absorbing heat the best, it lets heat out in the same manner. As for application, I work at a custom paint/airbrush shop for harleys. All you need to do is properly scuff the old paint, and properly clean it, and paint it, in my case, I painted it right on the bike with the larger components removed for access. So, no, why work harder when you can work smarter. -darren
                              GREAT INFORMATION.THANKS.

Comment

Working...
                              X