New Seat Cover is on.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Seat Cover is on.

I mentioned that I would be getting a new seat cover. Purchased one from Dennis Kirk for $63.94 shipped to my door. It’s a Saddleman cover and I’m very pleased with it. I think it looks better than stock. The stock cover has the pattern etched into the seat but this one is a sewn in patter that holds the foam liner in place. Gives it a nice look. They say you could put this over the top of your old cover and use the drawstring to tighten it but I chose to remove the old cover and install it like the original. The pan was in nice shape all the little tabs were in place and usable. I did paint the pan while I had it out. The whole installation took about 30 minutes not including the drying time for the paint. And I only poked one hole in my finger with one of those pointy sharp mounting teeth.

See pic below.
    Last edited by Guest; 07-17-2006, 12:31 PM.

Sweet!!!!!!!
    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Originally posted by chef1366
      Sweet!!!!!!!
      Thanks Chef,

I like it but I'm not sure how sweet it is, maybe sweet & sour.:-D

Comment

She's perty!

Comment

Looks sharp! Definitely removes any concern I had about going the saddleman route!

Comment

Originally posted by J_C
            Looks sharp! Definitely removes any concern I had about going the saddleman route!
            I can recommend it. It's a well made cover.

Comment

+1 :-D

I've got one on my 850, and it's great. Tip: I used Saran Wrap to cover the foam before I stretched the new cover on. It makes it a little easier to slide the cover over the foam, and it keeps the foam from getting waterlogged when the bike sits out in the rain.

Comment

Originally posted by ruddy
                +1 :-D

I've got one on my 850, and it's great. Tip: I used Saran Wrap to cover the foam before I stretched the new cover on. It makes it a little easier to slide the cover over the foam, and it keeps the foam from getting waterlogged when the bike sits out in the rain.
                Hey Ruddy,

I did read that in another one of your post but you know I completely forgot about it. It would have made the stretching a lot easier. If anyone else does this don't forget that good tip!

Steve

Comment

Dennis Kirk has a scratch and dent outlet store up here in North country. Got the Saddleman on my 821100E but may have stretched it a bit too much. The plastic pan pulls away from the tank a little. Much better than orig !\\/
                  82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

seat

I would like to know where to get a seat cover for a 1980gs750L with the biult in sissy bar back rest, I cant find one any place.

Comment

If they don't have a Saddleman (and that looks nice BTW!), try Sargent Cycles in Florida. I love mine:
                      Currently bikeless
                      '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
                      '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Looks pretty dam good to me!!!

Comment

Looks great man !

I looked up one for mine and although they do have it, I don't like it for my bike. Probably comfy, but not stock looking really.
                          Last edited by Guest; 07-18-2006, 10:33 PM.

Comment

Looks good. I have a question though.
                            I'm not trying to be nit-picky but are the two outer rows of stitched squares all the same size?
                            What I'm seeing in the pic is the "top" row of squares look smaller than the "bottom" row. Is this just camera angle or what?
                            I was damned with being a perfectionist and I notice things, even if they're just illusions.:roll:
                            And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
                            Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Originally posted by KEITH KRAUSE
                              Looks good. I have a question though.
                              I'm not trying to be nit-picky but are the two outer rows of stitched squares all the same size?
                              What I'm seeing in the pic is the "top" row of squares look smaller than the "bottom" row. Is this just camera angle or what?
                              I was damned with being a perfectionist and I notice things, even if they're just illusions.:roll:
                              Yes they appear to be. I think the angle of the shot makes it look like the outer row is smaller than the one closest to the camera.

Comment

Working...
                              X