question about my forward controls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

question about my forward controls

i am getting close to completing my first set of controls for my bike.i have had 3 different designs so far.this is the one i am going to go with.question...the shifter arm and the brake side arms looks identical except one is left handed and one is right handed.they are made out of 1/4 inch steel plate.if you dumped your bike they would give even more protection.but,to reduce their weight i was thinking aobut making some circular cutouts along the panels of each.picture a triangle,then along the wedge shape of it you make circular openings each a little smaller as it progresses from the big end to the little end.or,make a couple openings rectangular in shape.or do neither?input appreciated.one more thing, whoever wants one of thes once i get finished would have to relinquish a brake pedal and shifter peg so i can cut the pegs off and weld the new arms on them.i can not get the splined couplers made.2100 dollars and the guy says he doesnt have time anyway.or,you could keep your brake and shifter arms and i could send the pieces to have welded on and then you could get them finished with whatever finish you prefer.i hope to get pictures posted soon.i can say the pieces i am making would be iniversal i am pretty sure.the bottom most linkage might be different, and perhaps the best route would be to send all the oieces except the linkage and each person could fashion some with my instructions their own necessary length.how far is it from the brake soline to the fron where the crash bars are on each gs bike.how far is it on the shifter side?these are the variables.
    future owner of some year and displacement GS bike,as yet unclaimed and unowned.
Working...
X