New guy's '82 GS1100GK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New guy's '82 GS1100GK

The 1982 GS1100GK that I bought about a week ago is now in the shop. I'm fortunate enough to have an old Japanese bike salvage yard nearby and the guys there are doing some work for me at good prices.
    Needless to say, I can't wait to get the bikes back! (They have my 1980 GS850GL too).
    When I do get them back I will start cleaning, polishing and altering their looks. I want to find a small (Wes Cooley style) ferring for the GK. I actually might not even need a ferring at all if I can get a good light mount for the front. I just don't know what would work though. Will most 79-84 GS1100 headlight mounts work on the '82 GK? Will a 750's square headlight mount & plastic fit on the 1100? Any advice, tips or suggestions would be appreciated!!! *also still looking for a seat for the GK...I've got an extra GS1000E seat that I believe fits on the 850's too, so if anyone needs that, I'd be willing to ship it. THANKS!

I don't know about the e's but I actually stole the headlight and ears off my 1982 gs550L to go on my 82 1100L. Exactly the same part, so I would not be supprised to find that many other models are the same.

Comment

Will the E seat fit a '78??? I want it!

Comment

Hey, Gsfan.
        Calling second dibs on the seat if Billyboy doesn't end up with it...:-D

Comment

i actually have an '83 gs1100gk that has been stripped down. i have a little cafe style fairing on it, the lockhart one. it uses the 7" round headlight so a conversion was in order... the standard mounts you mention will work, but the square headlight will not. with some sort of rubber bushings to fatten the light up it may work. perhaps some other methods would as well. on another note, i have a GK seat with a small rip in it, that i could trade you.

Comment

Seat Trade

8Track & Billy, thanks for the replies! I really do need to get a seat for the GK, so Devil's offer seems most appealing at this point! Devil, I'll send you a picture of the seat that I've got when I get the bikes back from the shop (about a week or so...) and then maybe you can send me a pic of the seat that you have. I'm not too worried about any rips or tears or anything, as long as the pan is in good shape and it will fit my bike! I'll cover shipping for sending the seat to you & maybe you can do the same and it'll be an even trade. I live in zip code 87110. THANK YOU!!

Comment

DANGIT!

Comment

Works for me! Found my battery charger last night, so my digital camera is working again. I'll get you some pictures of the seat right away.

Comment

Devil, do you have a GS1000? I really want that seat.[-o<

Maybe we could do a three way swap:
                  80GSFAN gets the gk seat
                  Devilox gets my touring seat
                  I get the E model seat????
                  Last edited by Guest; 07-25-2006, 01:10 PM.

Comment

Nope, I sure don't. I severly dislike the GK seat, so I figured I'd make the switch. It may not fit, for all I know. When i get some pictures, it may not work for me... it might not fit on the '79 GS850G I'm getting rid of either. There may still be hope the seat ends up in your hands.

Comment

YAY! The seat I have is the same pan as the E seat. For what it's worth.

Comment

Working...
                      X