Opinions, please on cam covers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions, please on cam covers

Which do you like better? I just picked these up... they need a good cleaning. Actually, I think they are aluminum, so I'll try and polish them. If they are not, then I'll get them re-chromed. Do you like the stock ones or the ribbed ones? :-D

85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
    79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

I like the ribbed ones. The screw heads need to be replated or replaced with the dressier chrome ones!

Where did you find those?

Comment

Originally posted by jimcor
      I like the ribbed ones. The screw heads need to be replated or replaced with the dressier chrome ones!

Where did you find those?
      Yeah, new chrome screws are being bought today. I'm going to try and polish the covers tonight. I got them from fatkid89704 from his GS1000 which he is parting out.
      Last edited by renobruce; 08-04-2006, 04:02 PM.
      85 GS1150E May '06 BOM

Comment

Tough to tell with all the other chrome blinding me \\/ :-D
        Have to see how nice they come out.
        Hard to give an honest opinion yet.:-D
        Parts are parts though.
        You can never have too many
        Doug aka crag antler

83GS1100E, gone
        2000 Kawasaki Concours
        Please wear ATGATT

Comment

It's hard to tell without seeing more what the overall look is that you're going for on the bike, but close up like that, I definitely prefer the stock ones.

Randy...

Comment

I like the stock ones, but the ribbed ones are for "her" pleasure.
            Currently bikeless
            '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
            '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Originally posted by Jethro
              I like the stock ones, but the ribbed ones are for "her" pleasure.
              always carry extra one's with you in case she does'nt like the ribbed ones

Comment

The original covers are much nicer. Ted

Comment

I think I like the stock ones better too, they give a little contrast.
                  1982 GS1000S Katana
                  1982 GS1100E

Comment

I like the ribbed ones better. They're different from everyone else's. I like individuality..............

Joe
                    IBA# 24077
                    '15 BMW R1200GS Adventure
                    '07 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS
                    '08 Yamaha WR250R

"Krusty's inner circle is a completely unorganized group of grumpy individuals uninterested in niceties like factual information. Our main purpose, in an unorganized fashion, is to do little more than engage in anecdotal stories and idle chit-chat while providing little or no actual useful information. And, of course, ride a lot and have tons of fun.....in a Krusty manner."

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Nardy
                      I like the ribbed ones better. They're different from everyone else's. I like individuality..............

Joe
                      I've been looking at them, and the more I do, the more I like them. They would probably look really good with fresh chrome on them.
                      85 GS1150E May '06 BOM

Comment

I like the ribbed ones, Bruce. They surely are unique. I saw a set on e-bay about a month ago, but didn't pull the trigger on 'em. They were kinda pitted and oxidized. Nice score.

Comment

Quote:
                          Originally Posted by Joe Nardy

Joe

I say go with one of each...now thats original. :-D

Comment

Originally posted by renobruce
                            I've been looking at them, and the more I do, the more I like them. They would probably look really good with fresh chrome on them.
                            I have two new sets now. There is a seller on eBay that keeps putting the up every now and then. Haven't had a chance to put them on yet but now I can see what they will look like. Very nice

Comment

I like the stockers but it's hard to say until seeing the finned ones polished up or chromed.
                              And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
                              Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Working...
                              X