No announcement yet.

GS1000 streetfighter idea w/ picture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is that a stock exhaust for gsxr1100 or aftermarket? do the pipes in the front curve left and right or do they come straight down?

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbash 27 View Post
      Is that a stock exhaust for gsxr1100 or aftermarket? do the pipes in the front curve left and right or do they come straight down?
      It's a Hindle aftermarket exhaust for the GSXR 1100. The pipes come pretty much straight down in front.

Here's a pic of the exhaust system:

Comment

Its all gone quiet;-) how did that pipe fit?

Mark...

Comment

Pan-

Exhaust port spacing is good - same spacing between the GS engine and the GSXR engine. Ground clearance when mounted as tightly as possible to the frame is great. The header, midpipe, and can fit the dimensions of the bike really well. The exit point of the header is just behind the brake pedal. Check out pics here: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...&postcount=180

If I were to continue down that road, I'd have to bend or cut the pipes to make them suit the GS motor.

Also down the road is engine mods for more power etc.

Lately there's been this dark angel sitting on my shoulder keeps whispering impure thoughts in my ear about mixing metaphors between air and oil cooled oldschool Sazooks and fitting an 86-92 GSXR 1100 oilcooled motor in the beast. <evil grin>

The tempter keeps saying about the Gixxer 1100 engines things like "128-145 reliable HP, stock! Performance pipes, available, no modification! Better ground clearance, and at least 50 pounds lighter! Much cheaper and easier to buy complete, reliable Gixxer 1100 engine than hop up the stock GS motor which would still make less HP than the Gixxer motor! Looks like a late model GS engine, your GS motor is getting long in the tooth, leaks (a lot of) oil even after gasket changes and needs a rebuild! That GS1000 motor would be perfect for a GS 7/10 project next winter!" That sort of thing. :twisted:

The good angel on my other shoulder says to take the high road and hop up the GS1000 engine. Or find a GS1150 motor. Keep it period correct and such.

Then the tempter showed me this picture: :shock:

In the mean time till I decide what to do on the motor, I've got my work cut out getting my bike rear ended by a 2006 GSXR 1000 (this swinger and a 180 Michelin Pilot Power tire arrives today, still need a 6.0x17" rim):

Last edited by Guest; 01-04-2007, 08:34 PM.

Comment

I think you should just put your bike back to stock and make another bike out of all this stuff. Its seems like all the stock parts your taking or want to take off, you could almost build another bike. If you got like a parts GS1000, than put all the hop up parts on that, you could have a stock GS1000 and a streefighter one. Your changing the front end, rear end, motor, what left on it is a GS?

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbash 27 View Post
              I think you should just put your bike back to stock and make another bike out of all this stuff. Its seems like all the stock parts your taking or want to take off, you could almost build another bike. If you got like a parts GS1000, than put all the hop up parts on that, you could have a stock GS1000 and a streefighter one. Your changing the front end, rear end, motor, what left on it is a GS?
              I agree. Mostly the frame, tank, bodywork and seat will be stock LOL.

A bit too far in now to change this bike back to stock. And I really want this bike to be beastly, with a very strong motor and great suspension.

Probably going to build another stockish looking GS750 or 1000 next winter with USD forks (GSXR 1100 maybe) and conventional rear suspension (twin shock Ohlins) based on the takeoff parts from this bike. Saw a tattered sounding GS750 in the local paper a few weeks ago - might make a GS 7/10 (750 body, 1000 motor) out of that or a similar bike next winter. Or find a bad condition 1000 and fix that up with the parts from this bike.
              Last edited by Guest; 01-04-2007, 08:21 PM.

Comment

Opinions please

Need some opinions on paint colors please.

It's a cold winter's night here with 6 inches of new snow on the ground and about 15 degree F temps in the garage. Perfect night for mocking up paint jobs. Below are some Photoshop mockups - which do you like best?

Option A: This is as the bike is now, no Photoshop alteration. This option would be to repaint everything the stock burgundy color, and get some new pinstripe decals from Reproduction Decals. The top of the tank is really badly sunfaded from the PO leaving it outside (almost bright pink), so painting must be done.

Option B: Black with red pinstripes

Option C: Black with dark red pinstripes

Option C: Black with gray pinstripes

Option E: See the pic in my signature - all black.
                Last edited by Guest; 01-06-2007, 02:39 AM.

Comment

Option F: Blue/white Wes Cooley replica colors.

Comment

Matte Black, no stripes... wicked!

Comment

I say the grey stripes, but add a red pinstripe to outline them, or a white outline might be more subtle.

Comment

Black with red stripes...

Been wondering what color to paint my new 750, I think you found it for me.
                        Thanks!

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Wes Cooley replica in the Red/White combination.My $0.02:-D

Dink

Comment

Originally posted by Dink View Post
                            Wes Cooley replica in the Red/White combination.My $0.02:-D

Dink

I agree, even tho I own a blue/white Wes Cooley.
                            Every time I see Sharpy's..........man I'm tempted to re-paint it the red/white combo.

I don't remember ever seeing red/white combo in the US.
                            Keith
                            -------------------------------------------
                            1980 GS1000S, blue and white
                            2015Triumph Trophy SE

Ever notice you never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrist office?

Comment

Originally posted by Dink View Post
                              Wes Cooley replica in the Red/White combination.My $0.02

Dink
                              Ding ding ding, we have a winner! Check this out, the 2007 (145 HP GSXR 1100 motor plus modern running gear) Wes Cooley GS1000 custom replica in red (Photoshopped) compared to the 1979 version. Same overall vibe IMO, just updated and upgraded with 61&#37; more horsepower and better handling.

Love it. Think this is the goal now.

What do you think?

Last edited by Guest; 01-11-2007, 10:40 PM.

Comment

Hey 80GS1000.
                                pm your e-mail address and i can send you some pics of my Wes Cooley clone.
                                I am too STUPID to post pis here.
                                My New Years resolution to learn to post pics is gone already.
                                Steve.
                                2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Working...
                                X