No announcement yet.

GS1000 streetfighter idea w/ picture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Id stick with the 2 valve. Its more period authentic and it seems its much more rare to see a built 2 valve GS.

Comment

like i said these are rough numbers, I'll let you know what the hp numbers are once i put one of these 1k motors together. hopefully by spring......
      78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
      82 Kat 1000 Project
      05 CRF450x
      10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

A couple of photos from today while waiting for it to drip-dry at the carwash:

Last edited by Guest; 09-30-2007, 10:37 PM.

Comment

Beautiful. Can't put it any better then that.

Comment

Wow, PJ! Your bike looks awesome! Nice work. :-D
            85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
            79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

dont do it dude

im really sorry dude but i have to agree with the rest of the guys the bike is in far to good condition to start choppin it around i can understand were your comin from in regards of handeling but hey its a classic and lasting this long should really be left in its former glory:-D chili

Comment

Originally posted by renobruce View Post
                Wow, PJ! Your bike looks awesome! Nice work. :-D
                Thanks Bruce, just wish it would've been ridable in time for the Tahoe/Yosemite rally. #-o We'll be at the rally again for sure next year if you're putting one together.

By the way, are you a skiier/snowboarder at all? If so, where do you like to go in Tahoe? The fat lady ain't sung yet weather-wise, but it's almost time to winterize the bike here and wax up the board(s). I'm a snowboarder and a huge fan of Snowbird out here.

Chili - it's the same bike as before, just better with modern handling/brakes/tires.
                Last edited by Guest; 10-03-2007, 01:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 80GS1000 View Post
                  Thanks Bruce, just wish it would've been ridable in time for the Tahoe/Yosemite rally. #-o We'll be at the rally again for sure next year if you're putting one together.
                  We'll definately be doing something! I should have my Beast done by then, too!
                  Originally posted by 80GS1000

By the way, are you a skiier/snowboarder at all? If so, where do you like to go in Tahoe? The fat lady ain't sung yet weather-wise, but it's almost time to winterize the bike here and wax up the board(s). I'm a snowboarder and a huge fan of Snowbird out here.
                  I go to Mt. Rose, which is an awesome place and only 20 miles away (we were in one of their parking lots at the rally... remember?). You can get a season's pass for $349.00. In my younger days I used to work up there on the ski patrol. If you are out this way this winter, stop on by!
                  85 GS1150E May '06 BOM

Comment

Originally posted by renobruce View Post
                    In my younger days I used to work up there on the ski patrol. If you are out this way this winter, stop on by!
                    Likewise - if you ever want a tour of the resorts out here, don't be a stranger.

Comment

Hope you guys don't mind if I post one more pic of the bike from a week ago. The paint and seat are kinda jacked up as you can see.

I've put about 200 miles on the bike so far since getting it back on the road. A couple of bugs needed to be worked out, most importantly were the torque setting on the steering dampener bolt, and how to keep the positive battery cable from rattling loose on the battery. Too little torque on the steering dampener bolt made the bike want to tuck the front wheel in corners even at low speed, which was scary, too much and it didn't want to turn at all. In the sweet spot, it tracks a line through a corner effortlessly and with great stability and neutrality. Kinda fun to build a bike cause you get to be the engineer, test pilot, and mechanic rolled into one.

Riding the twisties has never been so much fun on this bike as now. I had to learn how to hang off in the corners on this bike, and it's been great fun. Nice to have the fast steering, wide sticky radials for a big contact patch and cornering stability, and two finger brakes.

The last big remaining issue is the fact that the V&H header grounds out when you corner hard to the right. It's nothing dangerous, because you get plenty of warning (scraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaape) before it might lift the rear tire, but it limits the lean angle available on right corners. There's about 1/2" of chicken strip remaining on the right side of the rear tire, and none on the left. I might use a 4 into 2 into 1 GSXR 1100 header I have kicking around in the garage and weld on the flanges from a beat up GS1000 header to get more ground clearance this winter.
                      Last edited by Guest; 10-07-2007, 01:04 AM.

Comment

I got the same problem grinding my exhaust on the right side. Ill be corning fine than hit a little bump and scrape. Didnt really put any big dents yet. But I think Im going to cut the pipe and hang it a bit higher to the frame, maybe try bending it a little. My header hangs so low.

Comment

We had a bit of unseasonably early snow here, so the GS and I went up East Canyon to check it out. It was pretty chilly, but the views more than made up for it, not to mention it's a great set of twisties.

Comment

We had a bit of unseasonably early snow here, so the GS and I went up East Canyon to check it out. It was pretty chilly, but the views more than made up for it, not to mention it's a great set of twisties.

Simply unbeleivable. I'd give anything to be there taking that shot.

You have my envy.

Comment

My registration tags were expired on the GS so I rode it over to the inspection station for the annual state safety inspection. It passed, the inspector said the headlight is a little dim (it is) but didn't say anything about the suspension mods. :shock:
                              Last edited by Guest; 10-09-2007, 04:38 PM.

Comment

My tags were expired on the GS so I rode it over to the inspection station for the annual state safety inspection. It passed, the inspector said the headlight is a little dim (it is) but didn't say anything about the suspension mods. :shock:
                                Cool! Now your good to go! Get one of the Silverstar bulbs.... you'll be able to light up the night.
                                85 GS1150E May '06 BOM

Comment

Working...
                                X