GS1000 streetfighter idea w/ picture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KEITH KRAUSE View Post
    How did you determine which bulb was the right one Bruce?
    It was the only style that fit. 8-[

This forum contains old posts which may have information which may be useful. It is a closed forum in that you can not post here any longer. Please post your questions in the other technical forums.
    Last edited by renobruce; 10-13-2007, 12:05 PM.
    85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
    79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

Originally posted by renobruce View Post
      It was the only style that fit. 8-[

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...highlight=9003
      OK. Thanks for that info.
      It appears the "H4" and the "9003" fit identically but the 9003 is a bit brighter because of a different coating (?). 9003 it is.
      And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
      Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

OK guys, need your opinion on paint please. I'm going with the Yoshi GS1000/GS1000S paint scheme, in a darker blue than the original. Can't decide which looks better though, white on top or solid blue on top.

Your opinions please, and yes, my Photoshop skills suck. The SUZUKI lettering on the side will be the same dark blue as the rest of the tank.

Last edited by Guest; 11-02-2007, 10:03 PM.

Comment

Comment

I like the white on top. I can't wait to see it done! When are you painting? I'm also going with blue and white on my Beast, but in more of a Skunk/1150 scheme. I'm going to use the same blue and white from my 1150.
            85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
            79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

I like the white on top. I can't wait to see it done! When are you painting? I'm also going with blue and white on my Beast, but in more of a Skunk/1150 scheme. I'm going to use the same blue and white from my 1150.

Seconded...white on top adds that lil extra contrast that says i spent time on this demmit! lol

Comment

3rd vote for the white on top. It looks killer. By the way your photochop skills coulda fooled me. They look more like MS Paint skills to me :-D

Comment

Here's another vote for white one top.

Comment

That'll look ace on your Beast. \\/

Painting will begin once I can find a painter who's good but reasonably priced. Hen's teeth? I dunno. I do know I can't paint for jack (you've seen my lack of Photoshop skills already ), so I want to get this professionally done. You know any good painters in the SLC area? I bet you know them all in your neck of the woods, anyone you'd recommend?

The tank on the bike has a bit of very light rust on the inside, so first step is to treat it and coat the inside with POR15. Also on the list is to replace the fuel valve with a Pingel that just arrived. The stock valve was causing fuel starvation at 80+ MPH.

I have an old, rusted out GS1000S tank that was scored on eBay for $20 that will serve as a good paint template for the tank. The painter'll have to do the tail paint from a picture I guess.

Comment

Very cool. The bike should look killer when all is said and done. A La Wes Cooley

Comment

yes go white on top, with suzuki down the center. see picture. Word of advise, do all tank work before you paint it, but if you have dents that need to be pulled have that done first, (they weld rods to the tank and slide hammer them) this will ruin a tank lining. Best bet is to have your painter look at the tank first. Figure out a plan of attack when it comes to body work. Get it lined then painted. Also talk to 8trackmind he can recomend a good brand of paint that might not set you back to far. Also make sure your painter does a good job around the fuel cap, they like to take short cuts there because it is covered up. Once you get it all done go buy yourself new gas tank mounting hardware from bike bandit or elese where, the new rubber and everything really makes a big differance.
                        Last edited by first timer; 11-04-2007, 02:31 PM.
                        78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
                        82 Kat 1000 Project
                        05 CRF450x
                        10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

Definately go with the white. Instead of the people asking what you painted it with they'll be asking where you bought such a pro tank.
                          And yeah, brush up on the paintshop stuff man.., you got over spray on the tank mounting tab. :-D

Comment

Love the white on top.....

If there is one little tiny thing that is doing my head in every time I look at that beaut of a bike it's the height of the seat.... for some reason it looks like a tower block perched on the back...

I don't know why?????? maybe could do with some chopping out or a replacement from http://www.mandp.co.uk/productInfo.aspx?catRef=520035

not very expensive but a bit of a wait....

it's the ONLY thing!!!!!

YJ

Comment

Originally posted by YoshiJohnny View Post
                              Love the white on top.....

If there is one little tiny thing that is doing my head in every time I look at that beaut of a bike it's the height of the seat.... for some reason it looks like a tower block perched on the back...

I don't know why?????? maybe could do with some chopping out or a replacement from http://www.mandp.co.uk/productInfo.aspx?catRef=520035

not very expensive but a bit of a wait....

it's the ONLY thing!!!!!

YJ
                              Thanks for the comment YJ, cheers again for showing that putting current-spec Gixxer running gear on a GS1000 is even possible...

Your bike still looks better than mine....

The seat's fugly for sure. Well, so's the paint but that's soon to be sorted I hope.

Is that where you got your seat from, because yours looks great!

Might take the seat to a local car upholstery shop and get them to reshape it like the Yoshi GS1000 seat. \\/
                              Last edited by Guest; 11-11-2007, 02:03 AM.

Comment

It might LOOK a little better but yours has better quality of engineering where the rear suspension is concerned... looks are easy to sort out..

yeah M and P are the UK equivalent of Parts Unlimited in the US and are pretty good most of the time.
                                Look for "seats" then "cut down seats" to get the part number... it's really well made and is fibreglass based.. very pleased with it :-D

treat yourself for Christmas....!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X