X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nice seat mister!

Comment

Originally posted by YoshiJohnny View Post
      Yoshimura used GunKote as it disspates heat, if you just paint crankcases and heads they hold heat in which saps power.
      Anyone know where I can get a litre of dark gey GunKote???
      PJ make sure you get someone who knows what they are doing with regards to rebore..if they get it wrong it gets very expensive.

YJ
      Gunkote is available at:

KG INDUSTRIES: THE LEADER IN METAL PROTECTION Metal parts require a variety of lubricants to ensure proper function and reduced wear and tear. When it comes to protecting metal components, no one does it better than KG Industries, LLC. For more than fifty years, KG has been a recognized

That's where I got mine for my GS1000. Haven't put it on yet as you need an oven to bake on the coating......

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by Diamondj View Post
        Gunkote is available at:

KG INDUSTRIES: THE LEADER IN METAL PROTECTION Metal parts require a variety of lubricants to ensure proper function and reduced wear and tear. When it comes to protecting metal components, no one does it better than KG Industries, LLC. For more than fifty years, KG has been a recognized

That's where I got mine for my GS1000. Haven't put it on yet as you need an oven to bake on the coating......

Jim

Thanks Jim,

I will find an oven OR persuade Mrs Yosh to go shopping for an hour or two 8-[8-[

Nice seat PJ that will look much better...

Summer is just round the corner here and mine is nearly ready to rock and roll..

Wooooooohoooooooooooooooooo.....

YJ

Comment

BTW, from what i have heard it is a very bad idea to do the gunkote in your kitchen, the stuff really really stinks and the smell will never leave. might be best to find a cheapo electric oven and hook it up outside.
          78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
          82 Kat 1000 Project
          05 CRF450x
          10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

Originally posted by first timer View Post
            BTW, from what i have heard it is a very bad idea to do the gunkote in your kitchen, the stuff really really stinks and the smell will never leave. might be best to find a cheapo electric oven and hook it up outside.

I will just tell her I made dinner.... :-D

Seriously, thanks for that, I wouldn't want to upset her, she's the best.

YJ

Comment

Originally posted by first timer View Post
              +1!!!!!! Why do you think I haven't done mine yet? We're talking divorce court level reek here!

Jim

Comment

Beautiful pics

That is an outstanding piece of work. I am all about individualism and that is what mods are about. I am currently trying to modify my "79" GS1000L, I want to put a wider tire on (200) it like yours, where did you get your swingarm from?,the one you have rocks.

Comment

Originally posted by timeworks40 View Post
                  That is an outstanding piece of work. I am all about individualism and that is what mods are about. I am currently trying to modify my "79" GS1000L, I want to put a wider tire on (200) it like yours, where did you get your swingarm from?,the one you have rocks.
                  It's a 2006 GSXR 1000 swingarm with a 180 tire mounted on a 5.5x17" rim.

Comment

Spent some time out on mine recently,

Racetecs are good but I have some hot snot Avon Viper track tyres to fit..

Goes stops and scares the hell outta everything out there.. :-D

Lads at work laughed all the way to the traffic lights.... then they changed

:shock::shock:

YJ

Comment

YJ-

Comment

Holy smokin' guacamolie, that's a sweet bike...naturally you (80GS1000) would come up with it...:-D

-KR

Comment

Originally posted by Bad Kaw View Post
                          Holy smokin' guacamolie, that's a sweet bike...naturally you (80GS1000) would come up with it...:-D

-KR
                          YJ's bike was the inspiration for this project - didn't know that retrofitting modern GSXR suspension including a monoshock on a GS was possible till I saw pics of his bike.

Comment

Hey PJ,

Where did you source that seat??

Dan
                            1980 GS1000G - Sold
                            1978 GS1000E - Finished!
                            1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
                            1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
                            2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
                            1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
                            2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar..... - FOR SALE!

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Originally posted by salty_monk View Post
                              Hey PJ,

Where did you source that seat??

Dan
                              I got it on eBay.

Comment

Quick update-

Making forward progress on the bike again. I removed the GSXR 1000 forks from the front end last night. Later on tonight I'm taking them over to our local roadracing suspension guru Corporate Suspension to have the forks rebuilt with new oil and some 1.0 kg/mm Racetech springs. The stock Gixxer springs were much too soft so the front end felt vague and was using too much travel and was coming close to bottoming out. These new springs should provide a much firmer, more precise feel to the front end.

Comment

Working...
                                X