No announcement yet.

GS1000 streetfighter idea w/ picture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tank, tail, and seatrim are back from the painter. I'm happy with the way it turned out. The SUZUKI logo is painted on. Now I just need to find a Yoshimura decal with a black "YOSHIMURA" so it stands out better on the white background.

Comment

Now thats a nice looking paint job! The new tin should look great on your bike. Post some pixs once you get them installed.

Comment

Originally posted by 80GS1000 View Post
        Tank, tail, and seatrim are back from the painter. I'm happy with the way it turned out. The SUZUKI logo is painted on. Now I just need to find a Yoshimura decal with a black "YOSHIMURA" so it stands out better on the white background.

Oh, HELL YES!! That looks awesome!!!!!!
        85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
        79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

I don't know.... I kinda like the white Yoshimura. I'd leave it like that. Very unique!
          85 GS1150E May '06 BOM

Comment

Put 'em on..... put 'em on...

I have some stickers with black lettering somewhere, well I will have when iget them back off someone who borrowed one to copy.
            Soon as I sort them I will send them ya. Put them on temporary to see what they look like, as Renobruce says as the white is quite subtle and looks pretty good

Really looking nice now PJ

YJ
            Last edited by Guest; 06-26-2008, 10:17 AM.

Comment

What are you doing with the side covers?
              85 GS1150E May '06 BOM

Comment

wow man that looks sick!!!!

i cant wait to see what its gonna look like finished

Comment

Originally posted by renobruce View Post
                  What are you doing with the side covers?
                  No sidecovers with a battery/electronics relocation give the bike that "see-through" look.

Comment

I like the white too... or even no decals, go even simpler.

You already have that "see thru" look going on with the Monoshock, I'd be tempted to try it before you go through all the hassle of moving the battery etc as it might look better balanced with side covers on... just my 2p

Dan
                    1980 GS1000G - Sold
                    1978 GS1000E - Finished!
                    1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
                    1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
                    2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
                    1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
                    2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar..... - FOR SALE!

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

I tend to agree with Dan on this one...right now without sidecovers, the whole tail section looks like an unbalanced cantilever. The side covers might "ground" it better, make the back look less like a construction crane.

Comment

I think no side covers makes it look meaner. All business.

Comment

give me a day or so and i'll see about editing my yosh decal file i made and will turn the letters black, should take about 2 seconds, then you just need to find a sign shop. or i can give you a name of a guy that did mine for about 30 bucks who i was very happy with.

oh wait i am dumb my letters are already black so all i need to do is email you some info.....
                          78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
                          82 Kat 1000 Project
                          05 CRF450x
                          10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

The sidepanels make the middle look bulky and the bike looks lean and hungry for the win without them.

Wes' bike didn't have them and that is the look I was after, if you want a standard looking bike then fine, make it so, but I think both PJ and myself like the altered state/look of the race bikes our standard ones were based on. seems a lot of people on this site like the original look which is fine if you that's your thing.
                            I would leave the tail section off too if the rules/Mrs Yosh allowed to save even more weight!

Mine now weighs in at 200kg which is quite a substantial saving on the original bike.....

leave the panels off PJ and anything else that's just there for show lol

YJ

Comment

side panels are lame enough said....
                              Last edited by first timer; 06-27-2008, 10:35 AM.
                              78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
                              82 Kat 1000 Project
                              05 CRF450x
                              10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

it does look meaner without them......

Comment

Working...
                                X