Mothers polish?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mothers polish?

Hi guys, I’ve read that some of you have used a product named `Mothers Polish’ on your newly buffed engines & crank cases. I live in Australia and have not heard of this product before. I was wondering if someone could tell me what it’s normally used for and/or what the active ingredients are. :?

Mother's is a brand name, simmilar to Meguiar's in quality.

Dink

your local Autopro should stock at least some of the range.

Comment

Chek this site:
      The finest car care waxes, polishes, and cleaners available anywhere.

Comment

I loved mothers, but since I started using white rouge Ive noticed that mothers actually makes it LESS shiny!

Comment

Originally posted by J_C View Post
          I loved mothers, but since I started using white rouge Ive noticed that mothers actually makes it LESS shiny!
          Wow Good Info!
          I been using Mothers since the middle 90's I think-
          White Rouge is a WHOLE lot cheaper at Harbour Freight \\/

Comment

It's quality stuff. Of course you need a drill mounted buff, but it's been A+ in my polishing efforts so far. You can see the before and after here: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...4&postcount=36

Comment

I used Autosol Aluminum polish followed by Mothers. Lots and lots of elbow-grease involved though. I did at times use the Autosol with a hand-drill mounter fabric wheel and that worked good too.

Comment

Dink

Thanks for that guyz - looking foreward to giving it a go.

Dink! your a Uralla boy? I'm in Armidale.

Comment

Gday Dink. you could also try some Paint Doctor by RE- PO. Cuts back faded paint & works well on alloy especially if you use a damp rag for the appliacation.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
                    Gday Dink. you could also try some Paint Doctor by RE- PO. Cuts back faded paint & works well on alloy especially if you use a damp rag for the appliacation.

Thanks Roy might give that a try.Have used both Mothers and Autosol but have found Meguiars to be the best.Just lots of elbow grease

Brenno

Comment

Mothers is a good wax, I like Zymol the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
                        I work in car dealerships, I "found" professional stuff, that I use.
                        Then I use Meguiars on paintwork.
                        On metal/alloy I use rouge & a wheel, I was a metal polisher at one point.

Dink

Wayne, wanna met up? what GS have you got?

Comment

The benefit of Mothers is that is uses real Carnauba wax. Not any polymer stuff and has no polishing agents. If painting yourself, the polymer **** is tough because if it cannot be painted over and is very difficult to remove (silicone, argggggggg!!).

Also a lot of people don't like using polish on their paint jobs.

Mother's will not polish your paint and takes more effort to use than the other stuff.

A lot of people also just use Carnauba wax because they are "old school". It is my preference.

Though if this is for metal and not paint my point is moot.
                          Last edited by Guest; 10-19-2006, 08:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jm_foote View Post
                            The benefit of Mothers is that is uses real Carnauba wax. Not any polymer stuff and has no polishing agents. If painting yourself, the polymer **** is tough because if it cannot be painted over and is very difficult to remove (silicone, argggggggg!!).

Also a lot of people don't like using polish on their paint jobs.

Mother's will not polish your paint and takes more effort to use than the other stuff.

A lot of people also just use Carnauba wax because they are "old school". It is my preference.

Though if this is for metal and not paint my point is moot.
                            hey, maybe you can make it into aussieland by being a Mother's Distributor?!

I always recommend Wheelwax for wheels.
                            that stuff ROX! (i believe its a caranuba wax blend)
                            it does a great job of keeping brake dust at bay and also works on chromed oor painted wheels.

plus it's pretty resonably priced.

we used to use it at all the SEMA events for all our display wheels.
                            kept fingerprints to a minimum on display wheels and any left behind would just wipe away w/ a polishing cloth.
                            would last 4-5 days of thousands of "oohs, and aaahhs" fingers w/o reapplication.

worked great on our personal cars too.

Comment

Originally posted by J_C View Post
                              It's quality stuff. Of course you need a drill mounted buff, but it's been A+ in my polishing efforts so far. You can see the before and after here: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...4&postcount=36

Are these "Power Balls" worth the money?

Comment

Working...
                              X