No announcement yet.

The 850GL project nears completion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That thing looks way cool! A few unsolicited suggestions: Go to individual K&N type air filters for that "mean" look, strip off the Suzuki labels or black them out - not that you are trying to hide the brand, just make it more mysterious. Anyone who knows it is a GS850 will know it - everyone else can be mystified. Another set of Cam Caps would be cool but paint them a contrasting color (red? )

Or just do it your own way and ignore me. Either way - it looks too cool!

Comment

me likey!!! I have an 850L waiting for this treatment myself, tho I'd rather it ran before I dink around too much...

good job, it really does look smooth, not just some random hack job!

Comment

Very cool, Isaac - you know, I've seen some license plate brackets made for sport bikes. They're basically a curved piece of aluminum with a stand-off for bolting to the axle bolt and mounting the plate sideways near the rear tire.

I know your shaft blows that idea, but maybe a mount off of the bottom of your shock with a clamp, then a horizontal support going back to a curved piece of aluminum? Kind of like a "T", but the top would be curved, and the bottom would be slotted to accept a clamp. You could get a couple of LED license plate bolts and rout the wire along the inside or bottom of your shaft housing so it's concealed.

As for another unsolicited opinion, I'd go with whitewalls or polish the lips of your wheels. Either way, it's a sharp looking ride.

-Q!
        Last edited by Guest; 11-07-2006, 06:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X