Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LeeGS550E View Post
    Hey bhppy,
    Can you give me some info on that fairing? Is that one of the Viper fairings that you see all the time on ebay? Got any shots from the front of the bike?

TIA,

Lee
    Now that fairing would look good on your bike Lee. There's a look alike on eBay for 35.00

Comment

Originally posted by HammerHead View Post
      Now that fairing would look good on your bike Lee. There's a look alike on eBay for 35.00

Agreed, HH, I think that's the one I'll go for. Mr.Bhppy, oh wise king of the cafe, what do you think? Will it look good on my bike?

Comment

Agreed, HH, I think that's the one I'll go for. Mr.Bhppy, oh wise king of the cafe, what do you think? Will it look good on my bike?

WOW.....no thats a sweet ride!!!! I think it wuld be perfect on your bike!! Its not a viper fairing....I bought mine locally for about $60.

I was going to put it on my 1990 GS550 but It ended up on the XS.

Comment

Originally posted by isaac View Post
          GS1000 cafe would be awesome, especially if you could yank some weight off the bike. Good luck with it.

I got halfway there with my 750:

Hey thats a nice bike!

Comment

Originally posted by bhppy101 View Post
            Last one for now:
            Wow that came out really good! Nice job on the seat!

Comment

Originally posted by bhppy101 View Post
              WOW.....no thats a sweet ride!!!! I think it wuld be perfect on your bike!! Its not a viper fairing....I bought mine locally for about $60.

I was going to put it on my 1990 GS550 but It ended up on the XS.

So what's the plan with the 500? Your not going to leave it stock, are you?

Can you tell me what brand of fairing that is? It looks very similar to the Vipers you see on ebay...maybe its a generic mold they're using?

Comment

So what's the plan with the 500? Your not going to leave it stock, are you?

Can you tell me what brand of fairing that is? It looks very similar to the Vipers you see on ebay...maybe its a generic mold they're using?
                I believe mine is a meier fairing..

As far as plans for my GS550....I wish I had some before pics to give you a comparison....But heres what I have done to it already:

Painted the frame/forks/rear sets/wheels gunmetal grey
                Polished wheel lips
                Changed bars w/ drag bars
                Painted tank and fairings TRUE black
                Shaved rear signals and added Lockhart/Phillips Mini flush signals
                Changed out front signals w/ super mini short stalks
                Shaved off rear fender (Cleaned tail section) relocated the lic plate
                Changed rear shock w/ 2001 SV650 rear shock (modified bottom mount)
                Progressive front forks w/ 3/4" spacer

and thats about it!

Comment

Wow, I guess I didn't look closely at the pictures. You've done alot to that thing. I love the gunmetal grey, especially on the wheels. You've got great taste when it comes to bikes. I'll bet that 500 is a very nimble bike.

I'm getting my thoughts together on reincarnating the 5/7 this winter. I am planning to do the frame in either silver, grey, or black. The 700 engine has some clearcoated aluminum pieces that I am going to paint black so that its compeletely black. It will also be getting stainless brake and oil cooler lines. I plan to keep the red and white paint. I'm also going to make a set of tail bags that fits over the rear section. I need more space for tools on this thing. I've also got a VX800 that I am hoping to get to.

Thank you for the info on the fairing.

Comment

Wow, I guess I didn't look closely at the pictures. You've done alot to that thing. I love the gunmetal grey, especially on the wheels. You've got great taste when it comes to bikes. I'll bet that 500 is a very nimble bike.

I'm getting my thoughts together on reincarnating the 5/7 this winter. I am planning to do the frame in either silver, grey, or black. The 700 engine has some clearcoated aluminum pieces that I am going to paint black so that its compeletely black. It will also be getting stainless brake and oil cooler lines. I plan to keep the red and white paint. I'm also going to make a set of tail bags that fits over the rear section. I need more space for tools on this thing. I've also got a VX800 that I am hoping to get to.

Thank you for the info on the fairing.
                    It is very nimble! and feels really light around the bends! Its nice and narrow so that I can take the corners at full lean without scraping pegs much...lol. I almost run out of tire edge and can run fast controlled slides on the track.

I WANT YOUR VX800!!!

I almost bought one a couple weeks ago....but it needed more work than what it was worth..

I remember riding my friends VX800 back in the early 90's and I loved the torque curve!! Its a little heavy but it can be lightened up by taking off the center stand and running a yosh exhaust....and if you want to put some money into it....some marchianni(don't know if I spelled that right) wheels. I had some Titanium Marchianni's on my TL1000 (now gone) and that alone shaved almost 50 lbs off that bike!

Post some pics of your VX when you get done with it!

Comment

Originally posted by mortation View Post
                      Wow that came out really good! Nice job on the seat!
                      Thanks! I usually dont build squared off tail sections...but I wanted to match the XS's squareish tank

Comment

Lee, don't tell me you're abandoning the Vetter idea...

Comment

Originally posted by t3rmin View Post
                          Lee, don't tell me you're abandoning the Vetter idea...
                          Yah Lee, what happened to the love of the Vetter??

Comment

Originally posted by HammerHead View Post
                            Yah Lee, what happened to the love of the Vetter??
                            Ssshhhhh, don't embarrass me by talking about my love of Vetter fairings in bhppy's cafe thread. It is a good point though...there's no way I'm going to be able to fit an 8-track player and speakers in that small cafe fairing.

Comment

Working...
                            X