Good Source for Mirrors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Source for Mirrors?

Anyone have a good source for picking up Replica mirrors? The stockers tend to run pretty hot on the price range. My bike has the round mirrors, which I'd like to replace...

Has anyone used the "emgo replacement mirrors?" Are they of decent quality at all, or am I better or going back to OEM spec?

mirrors

Hey J C, I replaced my mirrors with Emgo and I really like them. I got mine through Dennis Kirk, they have a large supply of mirrors to choose from. I got the oval shaped, billet style ones. Just make sure you measure the stem length of your current mirrors so to get the same length or you will only see your shoulders when you try to look through the new ones.

Comment

Tracy, from someone with as nice a ride as yours, that comes across as a ringing endorsement. I'll look into them more closely on dk.com. Thanks for the fitment tips as well!

Comment

thanks

Originally posted by J_C View Post
        Tracy, from someone with as nice a ride as yours, that comes across as a ringing endorsement. I'll look into them more closely on dk.com. Thanks for the fitment tips as well!
        Thanks J C, and good luck dk.com is very easy to work with.\\/

Comment

I also got mine from Dennis Kirk.
          Emgo.
          I had to get tall ones though because I'm 6'6".
          They tend to vibrate over 100 mph though.
          1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
          1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

How do you know how fast anything is over 85 Bill did you also get the Billet ones or did you get the $9 OEM replacements?

Comment

If I release the throttle and I'm still going 85 after a good thirty second decal. I am over a hundred MPH.
              The part # I bought is 39-1525.
              They are ok but a little lite and do vibrate a bit.
              If you got the money try some billet types.
              1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
              1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

I like the Napoleons on my bike.
                And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
                Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Originally posted by J_C View Post
                  Anyone have a good source for picking up Replica mirrors? The stockers tend to run pretty hot on the price range. My bike has the round mirrors, which I'd like to replace...

Has anyone used the "emgo replacement mirrors?" Are they of decent quality at all, or am I better or going back to OEM spec?
                  I have Bikemaster GP-AX std. height mirrors on my 1100. Good quality, and about $12 ea. I don't know exactly what style you are looking for, but I like the Bikemaster products. Bikemaster makes 3 different height configurations in the GP mirrors. I originally had the mid height ones, but all I ever saw in the mirrors was "all elbow" they were pretty much useless.
                  Last edited by Guest; 11-12-2006, 08:42 AM.

Comment

I got mine from the JC Whitney catalog. When I got 'em I found out they were Emgo and turns out they are Honda CX500 (etc.) mirrors. They look good, work well and they were cheap. I've had 'em for over 5 years now. They get surface rust on the stems every now and then, but nothing Simichrome polish won't bust. The pair was about $15 and I'll probably get another set just like 'em as replacements as more rust sets in. You can also get these from Dennis Kirk. If you don't tell anybody they're Honda replicas they won't know.

Comment

Thanks for the info guys! I appreciate the feedback.

Jim and Bill, those are right in line with what I was kind of looking for in order to match up the classic look of the L with the new mirrors. Cheers!

Oh btw, beautiful bike Jim

Comment

Working...
                      X