No announcement yet.

Not bad for an afternoon's work + pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, This weekend is shot. The wife wants to paint the living room, and since she let me buy a new bike...I guess I gotta help her. Oh yeah, did I mention I bought another bike. \\/ Its an 02 Yammy Warrior. Yup, a cruiser, but its a cool cruiser. It has 9800 miles on it, and already has most of the mods done that I would do. Here is a quick pic. I'll post some more in the Owners section...I'm still a GS owner, so that ok, right?

Comment

Nice ride, congrats.

Have fun painting the room.

Comment

Well, even though I got a new bike, I haven't forgotten the ol suzy. Last night she got brand new stailness brake lines, rebuilt calipers, and brand new chrome side covers for the valve cover. Have to work on her a little here and there so she doesn't get jealous This weekend, I'm planning on getting the seat wrapped up (no pun intended) and then I'll be left with wire harness and various electrical tidbits...Actually, all the electrical tidbits, and their associated brackets. Getting close though. Electrical and Paint, that it...

Comment

I assume your mounting the plate (dzus) to the frame and the fastener will be riveted onto the seat?

I just finished using a bunch of those on a car hood, and it works real well. I like your bike.

Comment

The Frame will have the wire on it, and the seat bracket w/ the fastener will get riveted to the seat pan. These fasteners will not be highly stressed, due to the way I made my seat pan. It hugs the frame pretty tightly, and fits into the valley between the fender and the gas tank. With my butt on it, I don't think its going anywhere.

Comment

ya my seat is just held on by 4 pieces of all-thread going through the frame... it lifts right off.

also.. if you havent found a source for those connectors on page 7,8 whatever here are some

Last edited by Guest; 04-11-2007, 10:16 PM.

Comment

Good timing on getting that new ride, just in time for some sweet Michigan weather.

For those not in Michigan, it was sleeting today.

Comment

Sleet....****. I wish it were sleeting here...It might be now though. I walked out of the plant at about 6:00 P.M. and there was 4 f'in inches of snow on my car. Good thing I got a ride in yesterday, while it was sunny.

Comment

Update:

Got my trim profiled, sanded and stained. Progress on the wife's living room update is coming along nicely. Notice the freshly painted walls...

Oh wait. This is the wrong forum. Sheesh. My wife knows me too well. Lets me buy a new bike, then the living room gets torn apart..."I want new trim, and paint, and pictures, and a couch, and..."

Anyway, I haven't been able to work on the suzy at all lately due to the weather sucking my butt, and on the nice days, I've been putting some miles on the yamaha.

I do have my brakes installed, and new lines run. I have my seat trial covered with the ultra-dense closed cell foam, and trial covered with the foam batting I am using to give it a smoother profile.

Gotta get some trim up in the living room though. She disassembled my home theater, and I haven't watched a Tiger's game on my big screen HD TV yet!

Comment

Well, I just couldn't stay away. Wifey outta town for the night, so instead of working on the living room, I was in the garage. Shhhhhh....don't tell her that. Anyway, I got the various brackets in for the electrical. What a PITA. I can't imagine trying to put pods on my bike. Without the airbox and filter housing, the electrical would have not place to mount. The R/R, ignition, and fusebox all mount to the filter housing. The rest of the stuff mounts to the battery box. Dang Japs and their tiny fingers. I figure i'm about 75% done with the electrical. Just need to route the harness and start plugging stuff in. I also need to hack and splice a couple places to make my new Turn Signals and rear brake switch work. Fun, Fun.

On the body front, I found a local seamstress who may be willing to work on my seat. Need to give her a call, and see if she want to do it. I guess my Dad's business uses her quite a bit for various things. We're getting close now.

Comment

Ha!, just got home from wings game angry loss bar time and read your post.

Maybe tomorrow when I am sober I will tell you about my electrical wiring/re-routing nightmare. Electrical is close to voodoo.

Comment

Originally posted by beergood View Post
                          Ha!, just got home from wings game angry loss bar time and read your post.
                          I was angry as well. And I'm in Calgary! At least Vancouver won.

Comment

Wow, it has been a while...5th pages of posts. And I still don't have ol suzy done Been spending too much time on New yammy, and old yammy. Old yammy is a 1990 wave runner 500. That project is now done, and ready to enjoy for the summer. The New Yammy (warrior) is F_in awesome. got about 2,000 miles on her now, and my rear tire ain't gonna be much longer for this life. Sticky radials and 100 ft-lbs of torque don't go together very well

On the project front, I did get the seat completed, now just need to finish the mounts, fix up a couple odds and ends on the electrical (turn signal, ground wire, and brake lights) and then finish the body work. Kinda ran outta money for working on the old girl, and time has been pretty tight. Doggone house maintenance and wife maintenance gets in the way of my hobbies

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_H View Post
                              Wow, it has been a while...5th pages of posts. And I still don't have ol suzy done Been spending too much time on New yammy, and old yammy. Old yammy is a 1990 wave runner 500. That project is now done, and ready to enjoy for the summer. The New Yammy (warrior) is F_in awesome. got about 2,000 miles on her now, and my rear tire ain't gonna be much longer for this life. Sticky radials and 100 ft-lbs of torque don't go together very well

On the project front, I did get the seat completed, now just need to finish the mounts, fix up a couple odds and ends on the electrical (turn signal, ground wire, and brake lights) and then finish the body work. Kinda ran outta money for working on the old girl, and time has been pretty tight. Doggone house maintenance and wife maintenance gets in the way of my hobbies
                              Undersand about the house and the OL, but hey, you got a responsibility to the peeps here, bro. 18 pages into the project is nowhere to leave us hanging! [-X...jk, well sorta +/-.
                              Last edited by Guest; 06-20-2007, 10:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jimcor View Post
                                Undersand about the house and the OL, but hey, you got a responsibility to the peeps here, bro. 18 pages into the project is nowhere to leave us hanging! [-X...jk, well sorta +/-.
                                Yah Mike, Somehow I got removed from this tread and it is exciting to see the progress you have made from the guy that knew nothing about fiberglass some time back, GREAT Job.
                                Now we need to see the final results of your seat..........so 'geter done'.

Comment

Working...
                                X