No announcement yet.

Not bad for an afternoon's work + pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From what i have read of this i must say the bikes looking great!!....Now i just gotta measure between the frame rails on my GS1100 to see if the fender im looking at will work on the bike..its a fender somewhat like yours sold by Drag Specalities called the Fat Bob rear fender...

Comment

Originally posted by jimcor View Post
      Undersand about the house and the OL, but hey, you got a responsibility to the peeps here, bro. 18 pages into the project is nowhere to leave us hanging! [-X...jk, well sorta +/-.

yeah, I hear ya. I gotta get this thing finished. I'm so close...But still so far away. Couple guys at work have been buggin me about entering it into the car show at our company picnic, which is at the end of July...Maybe we'll get it done for that.

Comment

Progress, at last

So, today I finally got a chance to work on old Suzi. No pics, cuz it really hasn't changed much in the last, oh, 6 months, but Now the brakes work again, and the electrical is really, really close to finished. All that is left is the various grounds, and installing the battery. Oh, and I gotta tap into a constant 12V supply for my running lights, but thats not a big deal. Its getting close now, Just gotta finish body work, and give her a bath.

Comment

Got a chance to work on the bike a little this weekend. Electrical is quickly coming to a close. I have the battery in, and all the lights work. My Mod to the front for running lights is even complete. Now, I gotta fill the engine with oil (I know I have a new filter floating around here somewhere), and Finish up the rear license plate mount (stock tabs were cut when I got the fender). Thats the last bit of fab work left to do. Then its time to convert my garage to a body shop, and finish up the glass on the side panels, and spray some paint. I think I'm going to go with a scheme similar to the Nightster. Might as well finish up the Harley theme, eh? Well, All except the oil leaks :mrgreen:

Oh, and I promise some pictures soon...

Comment

Krogrer has an excellent price on some genuine Italian Extra Virgin Olive Oil this week!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_H View Post
              Oh, and I promise some pictures soon...
              Sounds awesome dude. But.....

PICTURES PICTURES PICTURES PICTURES

Comment

Originally posted by mortation View Post
                Sounds awesome dude. But.....

PICTURES PICTURES PICTURES PICTURES
                Ok, Ok, You've beaten them outta me Seriously, sorry its taken so long, but money has been tight (I'm starting to rethink this whole home ownership thing) and Time is even tighter. Enough excuses, here she sits.

The Battery Area...What a Mess

Ok, Moment of Triumph. Those idiot lights have not been on in 8 months!

Headlight Bucket. Even Bigger mess...Notice the running lights!

Comment

Outdoorsy Pics

Ok, I know I owe some pictures of the seat, and the weather is beautiful today, so I decided to roll ol' suzy outta the garage for some modeling. Here you go

Right Side View

Close up of the Seat/fender

Left Side View at 3/4 I think this is my favorite angle so far.

Lemme know what yall think. I'm gonna go try to get her running!

Comment

I like it! Looks great! :-D
                    85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
                    79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

I'm proud of ya Mikey.............Good Job!!!

Comment

Well, no runny tonight...Can't find that stupid oil filter...But I did get some glass thrown on the side panels, and looks like those are gonna turn out pretty good. Nice and smooth! Laid lots of small piece into the seam between the chrome airbox cover, and the painted plastic. Got them approximately level. Now I'm gonna bridge the gap, and smooth it off.

Comment

Ya know, those harley fenders just might catch on....

Comment

I think it is looking great.Arent those headlight buckets an absolute mess to deal with.I dont see how guys take theirs off and paint them and get all the wires back in and correctly.
                            future owner of some year and displacement GS bike,as yet unclaimed and unowned.

Comment

Originally posted by ron bayless View Post
                              Arent those headlight buckets an absolute mess to deal with.I dont see how guys take theirs off and paint them and get all the wires back in and correctly.
                              Simple, you use a complex blend of psychology, and extreme violence.

Mike, good to see you making more progress on the bike. I hope you get to take some nice long rides this season. I know it can get tough to find time to work on it when other distractions show up. It took my taillight falling off for me to finally getting around to ordering new parts and doing any new work.

Comment

Man that thing is looking so sweet! I am green with envy I am definitely going to do the same fender whenever I get the money to do the fun stuff! I think I am going to see about using harley fender mounts to though to raise the rear fender up a wee bit and use shorter shocks to get that more V look.

Comment

Working...
                                X