Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by beergood View Post
    Looks like a seamonster.

Just kidding, I'm sure it should be more than fine.

Do you get CBC where you are? Just wondering if you know who Red Green is.

LOL Man I haven't seen Red Green in soooo long! Harness looks good Mike!

Comment

Originally posted by mortation View Post
      LOL Man I haven't seen Red Green in soooo long! Harness looks good Mike!
      If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least fine you handy. - Red Green

(I can prove this, my girlfriend broke her stove last week. She lives in a condo, and she was complaining about having to call the maintenance guys. I was of course offended that she didn't ask me to fix it first. She told me that she tried herself, and she understood that I was handy, but she figured it was out of my league. Five minutes with a philips and we made one loaf of banana nutt bread and a dish of homemade mac&cheese 30 minutes later. My dad would be proud.)

Comment

I'll just sit back and watch as my harness is in decent shape. At least the weather broke here.

By the way BG I wandered over to your website last night. Now how should I describe the experience.....Surreal perhaps.... like a train wreck....I was compelled to read it. A well structured train wreck though.

You seemed to make the shopping cart issue a very real and personal one though I confess to not having given the subject much thought at all. I now have a cart awareness that will likely become a curse as I meander through various parking lots only to stop at a collection point and consider the fate of the oft maligned buggy. ( this is the south after all).

By the also, the orange cafe is perhaps the best done and most dramatic of all the mod bikes I've seen on this forum. The color really makes it pop.
        It gets my vote.

Comment

Yup, I know Red Green. I love that show. Used to be on PBS here.

Comment

Originally posted by Bopi View Post
            You seemed to make the shopping cart issue a very real and personal one though I confess to not having given the subject much thought at all. I now have a cart awareness that will likely become a curse as I meander through various parking lots only to stop at a collection point and consider the fate of the oft maligned buggy. ( this is the south after all).
            If I can inspire just one person to use the coral, then it would have all been worth it.

I do truly see it as yet another example (yet a somewhat extreme one) that we are losing courtesy in this country without even noticing it.

Keep your stick on the ice.

Comment

HAHAHA. Me-1. Stubborn, PITA swingarm bearing outer races - 0. They sure put up a good fight though. I gotta touch up the paint in a couple places. Ended up using a dremel, with a cutoff wheel, and gently cutting through the race, being careful to minimize damage to the bearing pocket. Once I was though, I used a wedge between the race and the wall of the pocket to "pop" the cut section of bearing out, and viola. I do have to clean up some, ah...we'll say witness marks, from the swingarm though.
              Dirty buggers....

Comment

DAMN IT!!!! The Fuging Swingarm bearings are exacting their revenge. My parts puke can only get me 1 bearing...the other has been backordered. I will probably try Flat Out, or Bike Bandit, but I thought I would make an appeal to those of you keeping up with this thread, and might happen to have a swing arm laying around...the bearing number is 30203, by Koyo and the Suzuki P/N is 09265-15003.

On another note, next time have new parts hand in before throwing old ones out...DOH

Comment

Live and learn. That sucks man.

Comment

Well, All is not lost. I have a pretty good Motion Industries outlet in town here, and they had the bearing I needed, in stock. I will have to figure out some way to make a rubber seal, but that ain't no biggie. I have plenty of 1/8 inch thick rubber laying around at work I can die trim.

On another note, Does anyone know of a place to buy wire harness connectors? I have one thats pretty burned up, and I would like to replace it. This is a pic....

Nasty, Eh? I know I could go the route of splicing in a weatherpack from NAPA, but if I can find the connector, It'll be much easier. Besides, If I make one connector a weatherpack...They'll all have to be replaced...

(FYI - Weatherpack connectors...http://www.weatherpack.com/weatherpackfaqs.html )

Or maybe I just scrap the whole thing, and buy this guy

BTW, this is a Ducati S4R S Testastretta. Its got about 120 HP at the rear wheels, Ohlins suspension Front and Rear, Brembo Brakes...Oh did I mention that it is BAD AS HELL!!
                    Now...Where to find $15,000 :shock:
                    Last edited by Guest; 02-27-2007, 09:23 PM. Reason: Cuz I'm dumb

Comment

Hey Mike,

How is the bike going? Glad to see your still at it.

Comment

Yup, still at it. Tore apart a bonus set of carbs I picked up off Fleabay for 20 bucks. They're nasty dirty, but in pretty good shape. They've never been tampered with (air mix screw plugs still in) so all the jets are perfect. Combined with the so-so one that were on my bike originally, I should have one VERY good set, and one set for spare parts. This weekend, I'm going to a Red Wings game, but I hope to have the rolling chassis back together by Sunday evening.

Comment

Send us some Pics. Ya know how we love those continuing sagas.
                          Get-er-done............:-D

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_H View Post
                            Yup, still at it. Tore apart a bonus set of carbs I picked up off Fleabay for 20 bucks. They're nasty dirty, but in pretty good shape. They've never been tampered with (air mix screw plugs still in) so all the jets are perfect. Combined with the so-so one that were on my bike originally, I should have one VERY good set, and one set for spare parts. This weekend, I'm going to a Red Wings game, but I hope to have the rolling chassis back together by Sunday evening.
                            Why the heck would anyone want to go to a red wings game???????????

Comment

Originally posted by drhermanstein View Post
                              Why the heck would anyone want to go to a red wings game???????????
                              I just wanna go so I can pay 8 bucks for a beer!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_H View Post
                                I just wanna go so I can pay 8 bucks for a beer!
                                What is a Redwing?\\/

Comment

Working...
                                X