Frame paint?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frame paint?

Carrying on with my project - 1984 GS 750E - I am going to need to touch up the paint on the frame. These came with the " silver " color and not with the traditional black.
    I don't plan on stripping the bike down to the frame and then painting the whole frame. I ould like to touch up areas where the scratches are quite apparant.
    Anyone out there can direct me to what they have used to match (or come awfully close) that silver color?
    tx

1984 Suzuki GS 750E
    1981 Ducati Pantah 500

Good luck just about every silver is a different pigment or flake size different. My suggestion would be if possible. Take the bike to a local Auto paint store and ask someone if they could get a close possible match and have them put it into a spray can for you. Those guys are usually pretty good at matching colors.

Comment

The paint code is 18L. Note they need to look under motorcycle colours under year to find it.

Dink

Comment

If you don't mind being seen in the cosmetics aisle at Wal-Mart, you can check out different fingernail polishes. For small nicks and scratches on my Shadow, that's what I used. Kept it from rusting and matched pretty darn close!

Try explaining to the guys what nail polish is doing in your toolbox, though...:shock:

Comment

That finger nail polish works, and it drys fast!
          I guess if guys wear earrings, and have pierced nipples, being seen at the cosmetic counter is no big deal.

Comment

I used to use fingernail polish on customized Hot Wheels, as well as for touch-up paint. It can be used to brighten up gauge needles, touch up nicks and scratches, etc. I have earrings in my left ear, no nipple piercings, sorry, but several tattoos. I still got funny looks at the cosmetics section while carrying several different colors of nail polish.

But I got plenty of compliments on my bike! And my custom HW's!

Comment

Working...
            X