• Time
  • Show
Clear All

This one was pretty ugly...

Not anymore.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

I'll submit my bike when I first got it back in June.

Comment

Originally posted by 8trackmind View Post
        WOW, 8track, yours looks alot like my Skunk did when I got it:

But they can be made to look better!! :-D

85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
        79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

Dang, Bruce. :shock:
          You had the thing strapped in like you were gonna do some off-road racing in the pick up.

Comment

Dang, Bruce. :shock:
            You had the thing strapped in like you were gonna do some off-road racing in the pick up.
            That's Kabonkie's truck... he picked my bike up and stored it for me while I made arrangements to come out and pick it up in Colorado (I bought it on ebay). I think he was just being extra careful not to make it look any worse than it did!
            85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
            79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

i wanna play too

Here's my 650 when fresh of the trailer, the day I picked her up....

Check out the sissy bar.

Here's where I am today....

hmmmm....I might have gone backwards here.

Comment

Found on the road dead!

I got my 1983 GS1100GL in June of 2001. It was on the side of the road in Gardner, MA. It had spent two winters buried in the snow bank. What's worse is that the tarp it was under had been flipped up, so it didn't cover the side towards the road. Also the snow bank was salted snow plow made kind. It looks much better now, but it was pretty ugly to start.

This is how I found it:

Go to my Photobucket album for more photos.

Comment

Originally posted by ifly85 View Post
                  I got my 1983 GS1100GL in June of 2001....it was pretty ugly to start.

This is how I found it:
                  I don't care how ugly it was. I'd kill to get a GS1100 for only $200. My 850 was $350 in pieces, and I thought I got a good deal.

If I found a source of hideously ugly, bad paint, ripped seat, non-seized engine GSs for $200 a piece, I'd have at least five of the damn things.
                  Last edited by Guest; 01-10-2007, 06:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by isaac View Post
                    I don't care how ugly it was. I'd kill to get a GS1100 for only $200. My 850 was $350 in pieces, and I thought I got a good deal.

If I found a source of hideously ugly, bad paint, ripped seat, non-seized engine GSs for $200 a piece, I'd have at least five of the damn things.

Oh, I know! I am a lucky guy. Although, it took a long time to figure out why it wouldn't even try to start. After finding some wiring issues and installing a Dyna-S I was running. I am finally getting it a little more cosmetically appealing.

Comment

This is AFTER I fixed it a bit. It had the red tank and rear cowl when I got it. As well as an UGLEEE stepped seat with a built in sissy pad.

Comment

These are my bikes in order when I first got them, there all ugly,

83 GS450L- Free, turned into 4 wheeler than was scrapped

83 GS750E-$150, I parted out

79 GS750L-$150, The one I ride

82 GS550L-Free, soon to be street legal trike

Comment

Since I've seen a few non-suzuki bikes on here: My 550LTD (Long Term Disability). Really comfy bike to ride. It now revs well past 5k since I fixed the rusted advancer (I drove it from Windsor to Woodstock and it never let me get past 4800rpm). Needs a valve adjustment something fierce, no seat hold down, ALL the socket head cap screws put on by the PO worked great at holding water and they rusted, only one mirror and both tapped mirror bosses are stripped, centre stand tab likes to jump ship and let the stand rub on the chain going down the road, I don't think there are 10 inches of the original wiring left, etc...

Notice the rusted angle iron used as brackets on the front turn signals. Keen lookers will also point out the line on the tank where the seat meets it. The tank was painted with the seat still on.... The yellow screamer beside the KZ could even be a contender. The KZ was, and is, my wrencher/tester bike. I learned a lot from it and it deserves to be treated better by someone nicer then myself, but it is only a KZ anyways, right?

Comment

Ugliest Bike?

I'll put Dirty Suzi's name in the hat. If I can't figure out how to post the pic, just click on the link in my sig and prepare for the ugliness. She is coming along, though. Need to update.

Comment

when I first got it... it's still ugly though
                              Last edited by Guest; 01-31-2007, 12:06 PM. Reason: new info

Comment

That looks familiar, I thought for a second that somebody stole my bike. Only difference is mine had a broken Windjammer fairing and 20 years of Louisiana red clay on it.

Comment

Working...
                                X