No announcement yet.

Streetfightering the chopper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So isaac, since this seems to be just between you and KGB (can we say 'target fixation'?), I'm here to let you know I don't think he really give s a rat's arse. And I don't think you know anything about what he understands or doesn't. And I don't think you've ever considered your own attitude in all of this or what you opened up and didn't like. But that's besides the point, because it seems you'll never give it a thought.

And Mad Max had much sweeter bikes.

If you only like what you like and everything else sucks and everyone who says otherwise sucks, maybe you should just make your own forum limited to people who agree with you.

Mike, don't hate on the Madura. If I was riding around on one of them, your momma would still be ugly :-D
    Last edited by Guest; 01-17-2007, 11:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MissFabulous View Post
      Mike, don't hate on the Madura. If I was riding around on one of them, your momma would still be ugly :-D
      If you were riding around on a Madura, it wouldn't be my momma who'd be ugly,...

Comment

Originally posted by UncleMike View Post
        If you were riding around on a Madura, it wouldn't be my momma who'd be ugly,...
        Dude... I'd be gorgeous on a Ural FFS and you know it... it's all about accessorizing and the right shade of lipstick. Yo momma on the other hand... well she might need more than accessories, but I'm sure I can help you find the perfect shade of lipstick.

Comment

Dude... I'd be gorgeous on a Ural FFS and you know it... it's all about accessorizing and the right shade of lipstick. Yo momma on the other hand... well she might need more than accessories, but I'm sure I can help you find the perfect shade of lipstick.
          I sure hope you're not comparing a Madura to a Ural,...

...and my lips are pretty enough, no stick of any kind needed.

Comment

I sure hope you're not comparing a Madura to a Ural,...

...and my lips are pretty enough, no stick of any kind needed.

"can't accessorize."

(something tells me you won't get this low-brow tv show quote)

Comment

and...

you got some purty lips...

(that one I'm sure you'll know)

Comment

"can't accessorize."

(something tells me you won't get this low-brow tv show quote)

That's all I got, and it's just from putting "can't accessorize" into Google Images.

Comment

That's all I got, and it's just from putting "can't accessorize" into Google Images.
                  BWAHHH!!

Pretty good, but it's actually from a Married With Children episode... Christina Applegate gets into it with a wannabe model over a car gig (The New Allante!! or something like that) and that is her cat fight response that sets the other wannabe model into a world of shame.

Don't fear the shame, Mike... I'll find that lipstick color for you.

Comment

and...

you got some purty lips...

(that one I'm sure you'll know)
                    I'll watch just about anything with Burt,...although Cannonball Run and Smokey and the Bandit are certainly higher on the list than Deliverance.

Comment

Don't fear the shame, Mike... I'll find that lipstick color for you.
                      The only color I'll wear on my lips is HATE!

Comment

The only color I'll wear on my lips is HATE!

I know just the perfect shade of hate for you. I think it's called "sugar petal blossom" or something like that.

Comment

I know just the perfect shade of hate for you. I think it's called "sugar petal blossom" or something like that.
                          Oh, I've got that one already.

Comment

If you only like what you like and everything else sucks and everyone who says otherwise sucks, maybe you should just make your own forum limited to people who agree with you.
                            You made sense until you disqualified your opinion by proving you haven't read what I've written. I've reinforced at least three times in this thread that I appreciate both the positive and negative responses in this thread, as long as they were in the right spirit of things instead of just a string of insults.

I've had incidents happen like this before where I post a contentious opinion. It's a great way to start an interesting debate, but somebody invariably takes it all wrong, i.e. choosing to be the ex-post-facto surrogate designer of a bike released three decades ago.

Then suddenly they're royally ****ed off because, as in this case, I've badly damaged their ego by saying I don't like how something they own (and had no hand in designing) looks. Then they personally attack me instead of just posting an opposing opinion with any insight. Then a string of colleagues ranging from lazy to functionally illiterate tries to feebly write me off. It never works.

"That's just because you don't listen to other people's opinions"

That fender came off because I listen to other people's opinions. It doesn't mean I agree with all of them. Considering the variances in opinion on the "I don't like it" side of the issue, capitulation would mean transforming my 850 into a bike that everybody recommended, but nobody likes. Thankfully I own it, so I can transform it into something that only a few recommended, and that I like.
                            Last edited by Guest; 01-18-2007, 11:41 AM.

Comment

I don't think anyone is really as bothered by what you've said as you would like to think.

Comment

Personally, it does look a little like a hack-job right now, but I'm sure as time goes on you'll polish those edges.

The seat and the tank are big for me right now. The seat would look killer as a proper saddle, I'm thinking brown leather with thick stitching. And the tank need to either get some badges or get some bondo to smooth out the mounting plates.

It's interesting, regardless.

Comment

Working...
                                X