No announcement yet.

Streetfightering the chopper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know I like the look. In fact.. I am doing almost the exact same thing (only I had the idea before the post it was just secured after I saw it) I went so far as to print out a pic off this thread th reference and show some people at work.

Look at it this way.... It doesent look like this GS....

Comment

How about this one:

You know... I read this @ ratbike.org

Motorcycles? Sure - they use less fuel than cars, and motorcycles are easier to maneuver, park etc. But, deep down, the True Secret is: Motorcycles Are Fun. That's it! That's why we ride them, all the rest is just so much rationalizing. And Ratbikes are the ultimate distilled evolution of motorcycling: No Bullsh*t involved. Just do the minimum to keep them healthy and Ride. Let your bike wear it's visual history with pride. No time consuming cleaning, washing, polishing, adding shiny parts that do nothing. None of that, forget about it! Embrace The Pure and Essential Essence of Riding - Ride A Ratbike!
      Do what you want with YOUR Motorcycle. You don't have a lot of time on this rock and ou may as well please yourself before you go.

Cheers!

Comment

I gotta say, I have a lot of love for ratbikes. They are definitely something cool to behold.

But don't believe everything you hear about "just let the bike age and wear..." and whatever. A lot of ratbike owners obsess about the look of their bikes just like everyone else. They are just going for a different (and admittedly cheaper) aesthetic. That skull didn't just accidentally show up on the front fender, nor did those strange disk wheels come without a lot more work than spending $40 on some used rims.

I was once a young punk kid (as opposed to the old punk a-hole that I am now), and one of the things that always amused me were the punks that railed against conformity (jocks, preps, goths, whatever else you have) and spent so much time on getting their jeans ripped just right, finding the exact amount of dirt/paint on their black flag t-shirts and second hand leathers, and maintaining their ridiculous liberty spikes (hair style) so that they could be "punk".

But I digress. If I had a lot more resources and time I would definitely have a couple ratbikes. The Mad Max fan in me loves them.

Comment

Working...
        X