No announcement yet.

Best looking gauges?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where would I find a tach of the right ratio. Do they have one that matches???

Comment

I think JC Whitney has the same style tach in 1.4...? Also the Old Bike Barn links posted earlier in this thread appear to have the same style.
      Last edited by Guest; 03-27-2007, 02:35 PM.

Comment

here is what I have found...

I've done quite a bit of research and this is what I have come up with for Suzuki gauge replacements.

Tach: Suzuki's use a 1:4 ratio tach (this has been posted before)

Speedo: Suzuki's use a 2240:60 speedo (aka 2240rpm = 60mph)

Best prices anywhere: http://www.partsnmore.com - I am not affiliated with this website in anyway, but I have looked around and they, by far, have the best prices on any part/accessory. Check them out. Unfortunately, they do not carry the speedo with the idiot lights...but I think I am just going to go the Radio Shack route and put in some LEDs (thanks byrdman76).

Last edited by Guest; 04-27-2007, 08:47 PM.

Comment

not cool

I got the speedo from Mikes XS and the 1-4 tach from JC whitney. The speedo is awesome with a clean led backlight. THe tach however has a old style bulb that looks like crap. The idiot lights were easy to do and I am very happy. Just that damn backlight on the tach. UGH.
          Here are some pics of them mounted. Excuse the dirt....its getting there...OK!

Comment

another

pic here you go

Comment

one

more sorry

go here

Comment

Cool.

I can't decide whether to go tach-less (I mistakenly got the 1.5 tach) or sell this one and get the right one (undoubtedly at a loss). Leaning toward tach-less...

Comment

I like the balance of having the 2, at least for the looks. Most of the time you can roll by sound but having that number helps.

Comment

Originally posted by dashingemt View Post
                    I like the balance of having the 2, at least for the looks. Most of the time you can roll by sound but having that number helps.
                    Yeah I feel the same way. It looks more balanced, and I do like the number, but I ride by feel and sound mostly anyway...

Comment

So.....my tach that I bought from OBB has shat the bed already. I was trucking along about 70ish and the tach started bouncing around from 7k to 11k. At first I almost pooed myself thinking my engine was toasted, but after a second I realized it was just the gauge.

PURE CRAP!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by dashingemt View Post
                        So.....my tach that I bought from OBB has shat the bed already. I was trucking along about 70ish and the tach started bouncing around from 7k to 11k. At first I almost pooed myself thinking my engine was toasted, but after a second I realized it was just the gauge.

PURE CRAP!!!!
                        Before you blame the gauge, check the cable. Gauge bounce often results from a worn out or in-need-of-lube cable. When the cable binds inside its sheath you get the bouncing.

Comment

The cable only has 70ish miles and spins fine. Also the tach doesnt start screwing up until after 5k then sticks then bounces. Coming down it sticks at 5k then pops down to 2ish k

Also tried with old tach....everything good.

Only common denominator is the gauge itself.

Comment

Originally posted by Einar J Skog View Post
                            Hi

I like this

More info?

Comment

awesome, i'm so glad i found this thread!!!
                              as summer's gone and fall's around the corner my riding time is being replaced of thoughts of projects before ski season rolls around I really want to cafe my bike up a bit, give it a little edge... its my first bike and first project - its small but i'm psyched... i've even found a guy that works in vinyl to make me custom decals so I wont have to paint my tank, anyhoo...

first off I'm planning to replace the gauge set with minis and hopefully LEDs so this thread was a godsend (as is this site in general)... however, I have little-to-no electrical savvy (i'm smart, just un-knowledgeable and inexperienced) so I'm hoping someone can give some advice/instructions on switching the idiot lights
                              to LEDs... I'll figure out the mounting later - someone mentioned a lego brick in another thread, genius!

byrdman76, i love what you've done (the whole scud bike, not just the gauges) so hopefully you've time to type a little more detail about the LED installation. bgmart450 you took the same route, yes? Is there any issue with lights that arent wanted anymore, or are they just tapped off and left dangling?

i plan on buying the speedo/tach from www.partsnmore.com, has anyone used them? the prices are great and there's no shipping cost to Canada - yay

thanks in advance guys...
                              oh, and here's some 'before' shots

Comment

Originally posted by iDodgimus View Post
                                I really want to cafe my bike up a bit, give it a little edge... ]oh, and here's some 'before' shots
                                http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...7&id=906615054
                                You can start by mounting those handle bars properly. :-DFlip Them.

Comment

Working...
                                X