Best looking gauges?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by iDodgimus View Post
    awesome, i'm so glad i found this thread!!!
    as summer's gone and fall's around the corner my riding time is being replaced of thoughts of projects before ski season rolls around I really want to cafe my bike up a bit, give it a little edge... its my first bike and first project - its small but i'm psyched... i've even found a guy that works in vinyl to make me custom decals so I wont have to paint my tank, anyhoo...

first off I'm planning to replace the gauge set with minis and hopefully LEDs so this thread was a godsend (as is this site in general)... however, I have little-to-no electrical savvy (i'm smart, just un-knowledgeable and inexperienced) so I'm hoping someone can give some advice/instructions on switching the idiot lights
    to LEDs... I'll figure out the mounting later - someone mentioned a lego brick in another thread, genius!

byrdman76, i love what you've done (the whole scud bike, not just the gauges) so hopefully you've time to type a little more detail about the LED installation. bgmart450 you took the same route, yes? Is there any issue with lights that arent wanted anymore, or are they just tapped off and left dangling?

i plan on buying the speedo/tach from www.partsnmore.com, has anyone used them? the prices are great and there's no shipping cost to Canada - yay

thanks in advance guys...
    oh, and here's some 'before' shots
    http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...7&id=906615054
    Here are some suggestions that I feel will have you salivating and awake for a
    few nights:

I like all of them, but I think I want the VR-2 for my GS650 Cafe-Hot-Rod
    ....Maybe next year.
    Since buying the Vulcan and wife's sudden desire to learn how to handle my Sig/Sauer P228, I fear bringing home anything Motorcycle related.

Comment

Originally posted by Go Mifune View Post
      You can start by mounting those handle bars properly. :-DFlip Them.
      after reading lots of cafe threads i was waiting for that...
      it came that way, and i've thought about flipping them but the controls will hit the tank when they're that low :?

Comment

Originally posted by cberkeley View Post
        Here are some suggestions that I feel will have you salivating and awake for a few nights:
        appreciate the links, there's some clever stuff out there - i'm looking for something decidedly more low tech tho, regular mini gauges and a decent LED setup will do the trick... thanks tho :-D

that being said, the 2700/2800 models look pretty nice.... hmmm
        Last edited by Guest; 10-16-2007, 12:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by t3rmin View Post
          Yeah I feel the same way. It looks more balanced, and I do like the number, but I ride by feel and sound mostly anyway...
          Going to go the tachless look myself. Will be doing it in the next few days, will post pics for reference soon. Speedo is from Mikes XS, with in-built idiot lights...
          Last edited by Guest; 01-20-2008, 09:29 PM.

Comment

Hi, just wondering if anyone can help me out here...

I'm installing the mikesxs speedo, but a little unclear on the correct installation of the zener diodes needed for the indicator lights.

Can anyone tell/show me how to wire the zener diodes up properly? I can kinda see how it should go in my head, but best not take the chance and leave it to the experts i say...

Originally posted by t3rmin View Post
            To convert to a single blinker indicator I used two 12v zener diodes to isolate the left and right sides (so the whole bike doesn't blink).

Comment

i just asked t3rmin about this yesterday also...

there's a left and right wire for the left/right blinking idiot lights, attach diodes to the end of them, then put them together and attach to the single light. So its like a y-formation.

just make sure that the diodes are pointing in the same direction. if it doesnt work, turn the diodes around.

thanks t3rmin

Comment

Working...
              X