No announcement yet.

Progress on my modded 550 (pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i like your headlight setup, with the lack of the headlight bucket... NICE!
    1980 Gs550e....Not stock... :)

Comment

Originally posted by LeeGS550E View Post
      All,
      Just thought I'd throw up some shots of my 83 550. I have repainted the frame with an epoxy based paint, repainted the wheels, POR-15'd the tank, installed a katana front end, put on risers and drag bars, cut the subframe, rebuilt the carbs (new jets show up this week), put on new tires, and bead blasted alot of the parts to a bare aluminum finish. There's also a GSXR shock on there. I'm putting the wiring back in this week, putting the carbs back together, finishing the seat, etc etc. Still lots left to do. Let me know what you think!
      That is one great looking bike.
      future owner of some year and displacement GS bike,as yet unclaimed and unowned.

Comment

Thanks for the responses everyone. I'm hoping to have her together in a few more weeks. I wish I could get ahold of an 8" headlight from an 1100...I think those look cool.

Comment

I know I may get flamed for this since this is a GS/Suzuki domain - but I think a headlight that would look cool is a Harley VRod type setup...i don't know if the fork spacing would allow it, but it would probably look really cool if done right...

Comment

The Vrod light's ok, as long as you don't use that hideous chrome hood thingy..:-D

Comment

Hmmmm, I tend to try to stay away from the sci-fi looking stuff. I was hoping that when I said, "Gee, I sure wish I could get an 8" light from an 1100e" that someone would come along and say "Hey, I've got one of those you can have. It's gold plated, too." But no such luck.

Comment

Finished my seat...

Added on to the seat pan w/ fiberglass and aluminum, added some softer foam on top of re-used portions of the original stiff rubber foam, and covered it with some red faux leather that I had left over from another project.

Comment

That thing is so slick - I've got a woody.

Comment

Like the upholstery job!

Comment

Sweet bike. I want to do something to my 750 but im poor at the moment :-\ i think a new seat, wheels and tires would spice it up a bit. Whats goin on with the front brake? Edit: Just noticed the pictures above, guess you put the brake on. Your bike is awesome!
                      Last edited by Guest; 04-06-2007, 01:17 PM. Reason: just noticed...

Comment

Nice one !!

Comment

Got some more parts put back on this weekend:
                          -Different bars
                          -Front fender from the original bike
                          -Original guage cluster (chopped down a bit and painted black)
                          -Made a mount for the license plate (which now doubles as a small fender)

I'm so-so on the different handlebars and the front fender. I'm still not sure about the signals that I chose either. Anyone want to comment on these?

Comment

P.S. Thanks for all the atta-boys guys. I hope the bike doesn't effect the general public like it does Zooks :shock: .
                            Last edited by Guest; 04-16-2007, 02:30 PM.

Comment

Man i bet that bike could turn around within a 4 foot circle.it would be fun to ride.
                              future owner of some year and displacement GS bike,as yet unclaimed and unowned.

Comment

Sorry to be busting balls here but in my opinion the stock gauge cluster is killing the lines of the bike. I would probably go with something like this

Comment

Working...
                                X