Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1979 GS425 Custom Cafe

Hey Guys,
    I've been itching to post something on my progress. I bought the bike in November got it running, and did a few visual mods, and plan on tear down to powder coat anything and everything possible. All opinions welcome. Can't wait for summer. Thanks GS for the motivation.:-D

Another Shot.....

Comment

The ultra stripped down look is quite nice. Very olde skool.

I like it. Keep posting progress.

Comment

Thanks, I really like your cafe. I was going to buy/ or make a cafe style seat but decided to wait until I am done chopping the frame, fenders, and excess. I originally wanted to make a seat with the cowl shape out of the foam on the stock seat pan, as on T500's or KZ cafe's. This is good for now, it's actually pretty comfy for short rides to work.\\/

Comment

1/09/08 updated pics....

Hey guys, its been a while posting on here, but I have been enjoying getting tips and pointers from the good old search function on this site. It's been a good tool to keep me motivated with this project. I finally got a hold of a bsa lightning seat, triumph shocks and got some rustoleum paint for the frame, and low gloss black engine enamel on. I hope you guys like the new look.
          Last edited by Guest; 01-12-2008, 02:43 AM.

Comment

another new pic....

heres a front/ side shot.
            Last edited by Guest; 01-12-2008, 02:41 AM.

Comment

That picture stays the same size? bummer wanted to get a good look, nice bike.

Comment

Sorry, I fixed them now. Thanks for the approval.

Comment

Niiiice. Killer looking cafe you got there, loving the checkerboard paint on the tank. You really captured the feel of the Brit cafe bikes.

Comment

Man that thing looks great. I like the blacked out motor and seat.

Very nicely done my friend.

Comment

Working...
                    X