GS550 low solo seat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS550 low solo seat

Hi everyone...I'm new to the GS world and am working on customizing a 79 GS550E. I am about 5' tall and am looking to drop the bike as much as I can without compromising its stability.I've already lowered the suspension front and rear and am looking to add a solo seat similar to pictured but a nice one. The one on the bike now is just the bench seat manipulated and quite frankly it's a bit ugly....actually the bike is itself at the moment the previous owner did a lot of the work and the rear fender is mostly bondo. Anywho long story short I've tried two seats a corbin gentry...way too small and silly looking, and yesterday I bought an 883 hugger seat which with some modification may work only problem is that the seat pan for the sportster is plastic so it doesn't give me too much to work with. Any ideas? [-o<

Post a larger picture of the bike. Also how did you go about lowering the bike. My method for lowering my 78gs550 includes. clipons, allowed my to push the fork tubes up passsed the the top tree. 18'' front wheel from a gs450, lowered the bike another inch. and cut the seat down @75% with a electric knife. Now I can touch the ground flat footed. I did not cut any springs. I tried cut springs in the rear and it F'd up the handling bad. So I raised the it back up to stock height in back with some progressive springs from ebay...

Comment

This is the most current pic.

Comment

Working...
      X