gs 450 chopper mocked up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gs 450 chopper mocked up

heres my 81 gs 450 well the motor at least and this is only a mock up motor and about 14'' of the lower frame rails are being used its been abviously hard tailed streched 5'' in the rear 4'' in the neck and raked 38* the tanks an aftermarket peanut tank not to sure if im keeping these bars or going with something else i know alot ofpeople on this forum hate when people chop these things but like issak sain in his post these things are f***king ugly stock but to me most bikes are ugly stock

I've just got my first bike a 79 GS 750 and I was thinking about doing it up in a mild chopper style. I'm going to try and keep as much of the stock parts and retain some of the original feel of the bike. I love the way the motor looks in these bikes but not neceserally the rest of the bike.

Comment

I just got my first 79 GS750 not sure if its an E or L. I was thinking of doing it in a mild chopper style. I like the way the motor looks but parts of the rest of the bike I just don't like. So I'm going to try and use as much of the stock parts as possible and retain some of the original feeling with making it look better.

Comment

Interesting look mpape.
        Good luck with it and please post some final pics.

Comment

o ya ! thats what im talking about ! F'n sweet man ! \\/ good job on doing something other than a cafe style bike, i might just steal your idea....

Comment

let me know if yer interested i can hook you up with the frame work you basicaly have to build a new frame i only used 14'' of the bottom rails of mine where the motor mounts are it has 5'' of strech in the rear 4'' in the neck and raked an extra 10* single backbone

Comment

Makes me wanna do this to the 750e lol

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                Makes me wanna do this to the 750e lol
                2 questions...Do your parents know you are building this kind of bike? Do your girlfriend's parents know you are building this kind of bike?

Want my opinion? it is super cool.You may be too young to remember moon tanks but in the 70's they had moon tanks or MOON equipped as is was said back then.Your round tank looks like one.Keep it brushed aluminum as was the old moon tanks.Paint the bike corvette yellow,put checkered flags across the top of the tank,put the moon eye decals on the end of the aluminum tank,put a black flyscreen on, totally blacked out exhaust system.
                future owner of some year and displacement GS bike,as yet unclaimed and unowned.

Comment

well ron im not that young im also married for 11 years and have 3 kids but as far as the bike goes the round tank is actually a fake oil tank to hide the electronics its actually a grolsh beer mini keg and the exhaust will be wrapped not sure what colr thanks for the compliments

Comment

Originally posted by mpape View Post
                    well ron im not that young im also married for 11 years and have 3 kids but as far as the bike goes the round tank is actually a fake oil tank to hide the electronics its actually a grolsh beer mini keg and the exhaust will be wrapped not sure what colr thanks for the compliments
                    i didnt think you were a kid,but i doubted you were in my pushing 60 generation.Fom a glk to what you are doing,a radical bike,just my kind of project.I was ridiculed when I stripped down and rodded out an old 83 venture,the voyager group didnt even respond to my thread about possibility of customizing a voyager,but the gwrra of course doesnt think i am too wild.They have valkyries,runes,chopped wings,etc.I think a 32 ford with the fuul fenders,the old flathead v8 is quaint.But take the top off,the fenders and hood off,put a chromed out blown 572 in there then you have MY kind of 32 ford.Ron
                    future owner of some year and displacement GS bike,as yet unclaimed and unowned.

Comment

ron theres one thing i cant stand and its stock anything especially bikes i have a 60s triumph thats going under the tourch next the bike in the pic is was whatever a 81 450e the only part of the originall frame left is about 14'' of the down tubes and bottom rails just for the motor mounts the gas tanks an aftermarket sportster tank id never use an original harly part caus the other thing i hats is harlys the seat is compliments of yours truly if your ever interested i can hook you up with the frame work for any bike and if you have some basic welding skills you should be able to put something together heres some more pics

Comment

Wow I didn't know Mr. Bayless was a Rodder.
                        Mpape is right it's actualy not as hard to do as it looks.With a good imagination and some mechanical skills you can build a chopper. The important part is knowing when to hire things out, like what mpape did with his frame. The guys who built that are good. They know how to put a frame together so a bike will handle well and won't fall apart and kill you.

Here's the GS1000 I've been working on. Just waiting for the motor to came back from my mechanic.

Comment

Originally posted by mpape View Post
                          ron theres one thing i cant stand and its stock anything especially bikes i have a 60s triumph thats going under the tourch next the bike in the pic is was whatever a 81 450e the only part of the originall frame left is about 14'' of the down tubes and bottom rails just for the motor mounts the gas tanks an aftermarket sportster tank id never use an original harly part caus the other thing i hats is harlys the seat is compliments of yours truly if your ever interested i can hook you up with the frame work for any bike and if you have some basic welding skills you should be able to put something together heres some more pics
                          your ever interested i can hook you up with the frame work for any bike and if you have some basic welding skills you should be able to put something together heres some more pics
                          THAT I would defiin itely like to have the information on.My buddy is an expert welder and his brother paints all the cabs for peterbilt trucks.MY gs 1000 is in process of some what i think to be cool changes.I hate its top rails of the frame though.It causes you to have to go a certain way unless you chop out the whole rear subframe.I would imagine some frame strengthening would be mandated after doing so.

Comment

Originally posted by Wheelie View Post
                            Wow I didn't know Mr. Bayless was a Rodder.
                            Mpape is right it's actualy not as hard to do as it looks.With a good imagination and some mechanical skills you can build a chopper. The important part is knowing when to hire things out, like what mpape did with his frame. The guys who built that are good. They know how to put a frame together so a bike will handle well and won't fall apart and kill you.

Here's the GS1000 I've been working on. Just waiting for the motor to came back from my mechanic.

For lack of a better response, i must say Wow,that is going to be nice! It is very much where i want to go with my gs 1000 also.I intended to use a seat like yours,lower the seat height when the subfame holding the battery box is removed/moved/replaced,and a new one piece rear fender with more side valance so as to hide the huge amount of daylight between the fender and the rear tire.If you guys havent already discivered this site go to honda cb 750 choppers,go to the AMEN catalogue link and feast your eyes on their goodies.Makes me drool every time i see it. A rodder? Of course.One of my former friends was Eddie Hill,7 time aafd world champion.Peenzoild droppped him much to his chagrin when he reached 60.His 2 favorite rides now are a captain america harley chopper and his zx 14.I want a little bit of both in my bike.

Comment

absolutely sick looking man

Comment

Working...
                              X