WANTED: Suggestions for graphics for 81 GS750

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WANTED: Suggestions for graphics for 81 GS750

Surely there is no shortage of opinions here?
    I'll be buying a cafe style faring and converting the GS750 to a round headlight something like this. The paint color I've not yet decided on but I wanted something bright and easily seen so currently I'm leaning toward red or yellow or maybe the right color of orange. (I don't imagine green looking very good on this bike.) My brother has offered to paint the bike in his shop w/ basecoat/clearcoat. The logos will be beneath the clearcoat (of course). The paint job will be fabulous because that's the only kind he does.

The logo I intend to use for the tank is here.
    OEM side panel badge is here.
    I did a quick something in GIMP for the side panels here and here.
    I'm not so sure the font goes well with the Wings logo on the tank.
    Yes, my art skills are pretty poor. :/

What font might look better? Any ideas for a better logo for the panels? I don't necessarily care if the logo is like the OEM, in fact it might be best if it were not. I want this to look really original and kind of old-school and keep the graphics to a minimum.

I like the wings logo, but I think you're right...the other fonts don't seem to match. Maybe you can incorporate that wing with the side cover logos as well? As far as color, I think a nice orange and white combination would look good, and should be visible. Maybe go with an orage that doesn't have metal flake so it has kind of an oldschool look?

Comment

I like the wing logo also. I think that the right red would really look nice, and i would have to agree to try to incorporate the wing style into the sides.

Comment

Graphis

I found this in researching painting and what to do with my 81 GS750E.

Cyclegraphics - Unique reusable vinyl graphics for your motorcycle or scooter that are easily applied and removed.

not sure if it will fit with what you are looking for.

Comment

Orange

I personally, am partial to Orange, Tangerine Orange to be exact! It will definently make your bike stand out. I love the way mine turned out.\\/\\/

Comment

The more I see that bike, the more I want to paint one of my sets of bodywork that color, with a gray stripe. (where it's red now)
            Dee Durant '83 750es (Overly molested...) '88 gl1500 (Yep, a wing...)

Comment

Working...
            X