my rat/cafe/bobber/whatever gs1000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my rat/cafe/bobber/whatever gs1000

this is a continuation from this thread,http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=107161 it kind of turned into more appearance mods hehe

so far so good i think hehe

Love it. That's one nasty boy. Betcha it barks eh?

Comment

lol yea, how did you guess ! hehe. it REALLY opens up and roars now with the pure open exhaust and 140 jets, runs so great now i just have a fuel delivery problem, works fine with the gas tank, but the tank wont let out enough fuel to keep the carbs full. hmmmmmm...

Comment

That's one mean looking machine you got there.
        Looks good.

By the way, what you runnin as a back tire.......................a "baldini" ??
        wink wink.

Comment

good looking bike

also a good looking 9N ford tractor in the background ( first pic)

Comment

I like the upsidedown clubmans. I knew they'd work like that.

Comment

first, whats an upside down clubman lol, and thanks for all the comments ! yea i need new tires bad, the rear is splitting down the middle i dont think it is near roadworthy at all, thats my next buy

Comment

He's referring to the handle bars on your bike. Commonly known as clubmans (or ace bars in Aust) they are usually put on up the other way so they drop down nice and low like 'clip-ons'.
                They were a common way to create a 'cafe' bike from a stock road bike in the olden days.
                Last edited by Guest; 04-25-2007, 08:31 AM.

Comment

oh lol, i just took some scrap material and made my handle bars ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by Vegerito View Post
                    oh lol, i just took some scrap material and made my handle bars ^_^
                    Looks good for home-fab.

This is beergood's cafe with clubmans.

Comment

Here's a popular site with fuel valves that "pass more gas".

We Pass more Gas! Pingel Enterprise has long been known for our fuel valves, also known as petcocks. This product is one of the first motorycle parts from Pingel manufacturing. Our valves set the standard for quality and high flow with substantially higher fuel flow than any other fuel valve made for motorcycles.

Comment

All of these recent cafe/rat bike postings are making me want to start a cafe/rate GS project! Stop it!

Comment

that bike looks great.My bike is going to be so much like yours,now i might have to change mine.Except,i would never have those kind of handlebars,i am too old and stiff to lean over that far.Those pipes must really be loud.I dont like the stock upswetp originals,yours with some baffles are more what i want.I am glad to see what i had visioned come to life.Keep up the good work.
                          future owner of some year and displacement GS bike,as yet unclaimed and unowned.

Comment

hahaha thanks ! i love the way it turned out, not bad for like 2 days of work hehe, just ran out this afternoon and welded some mounds so the seat attaches to the bike, also, anyone know of a high flow, inline on off valve ? i made a petcock that is high flow, super high flow, and works great with just the fuel line, but i need an inline on off switch, i have an in line on off switch on there now but its for a smaller fuel size so its not that great hehe

Comment

nevermind found some http://www.motionpro.com/motorcycle/...e_fuel_valves/
                              awesomeness !

Comment

Working...
                              X