No announcement yet.

my rat/cafe/bobber/whatever gs1000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would proudly ride with you any day. I love that bike.

Comment

thanks for the comments guys ! i really love the bike, its been loyal to me i ride it often to work and its dealt with all my experiments and so on, i was thinking about selling it but my gf doesnt want me to i was like, awesome, sounds good to me lol, it will probably stick with me forever, i wanna get another bike though for a project, thinking of something small to get good gas milage, but gonna make it look crazy!

Comment

You need to mount a 50 caliber machine gun on that rack......then you'd have the baddest bike on the planet.

Comment

Originally posted by mark View Post
          You need to mount a 50 caliber machine gun on that rack......then you'd have the baddest bike on the planet.

YES! That's what it's missing! Couldn't quite put my finger on it, but you nailed it.

Comment

Your girlfriend could ride with her back to you and be a tail gunner in traffic. I could use a setup like that here for my commute in Chicago.

Comment

Originally posted by dpep View Post
              Your bike is fine as long as you keep it out on the farm away from other people who do not want to hear your cries for attention coming from your motorcycle. Open pipes are not responsible, not acceptable, and show a complete lack of respect for everyone you subject to them. They also do a great deal of damage to the efforts of people who are trying to defend the rights of motorcyclists.
              dang dude. that's a bit overzealous. maybe he should just buy a gutted vance and hines pipe. maybe he should get a sportster 1200 and put open pipes on that like every swinging dick around here. i know i'm young, and you're old, i'm new, and you're seasoned, but no one around my town does it for attention, and you'd be presupposing to say so. i have open pipes, and i did it because it sounds mean, and if i didn't, no one would hear me, let alone see me coming. so relax, and try to add constructive things. remind him it might not be legal, something like that, but don't preach some **** about acceptability. if we all did acceptable things, we'd all be riding triumphs, or beemers.

and vege: bike is rad. bars are probably the sweetest i've seen on a star spoke. keep it up.

Comment

thanks so_rat ^_^ i can understand where he is coming from. some people ive heard running open pipes rev the crap out of them all the time, almost all the time at groups of people or people standing around in parking lots and stuff, which ends up not being cool, but extremely annoying. if you take it easy around town, no one could even tell you are running open headers, i really open it up on my way out of town, and then normal driving, but i try not to **** people off. i think reving a little bit because of the sound is cool, not enough to hurt peoples ears though, enough that they dont have to stop talking while you are sitting there reving away for no reason lol. so i dont think loud pipes are the problem, its the stupid people that dont know how to use them

Comment

You could come up with a muffler that looks like a 50 caliber cooling sleeve. It would be awesome on your bike and tone things down a bit. :-D

Comment

ooooo perty lol actually, right now i think boston (name of bike, we drove to boston to get it hehe) is gonna be happy the way it is untill i finish some other projects. im taking my 1986 yamaha xt350, and for the end of summer/ winter (studded tires) just gonna be driving it around to save on gas, but in the summer i think im gonna do a swap and put in a gs750 im hoping for a super unique bike, im gonna brace the frame all over, but still keep its weight way down, will stick with the mono shock rear. im hoping my power to weight ratio, even though just having the 750 will be way up there. anyone have any suggestions ? i will be making my own swingarm to match up with the engine and run a slightly wider tire, will be a single seater, very light, bare essentials. what do you guys think ?

Comment

If you pull off a mono-shocked shaft drive GS the motorcycle Gods will have to bow down to you. Good luck with that one.

Comment

actualy will be a chain driven , but really it wouldnt be too bad doing a mono shock on the shaft, but would require the shock to be mounted at a different angle and some re organizing of the bat n such, would be fun though, but the bike ill be building will be chain driven

Comment

Working...
                        X